Hey, UG. How is everyone?
I thought this would be the right place to ask, which wireless system would be best for my Jazz bass to go through? Bear in mind, I don't have all the money in the world but I'm aware they're not cheap. Suggestions?
Cheers for reading
x
PunkAintDead!
The down side of wireless systems is, unless you can afford the top of the line ones, your tone is going to get destroyed. So if you're really fussy about your sound, don't bother until you can afford the best system.

However, if you're not too fussed about your sound, Shure probably make the best "bang for your buck" wireless systems. They're as reliable as you can get, and the sound isn't as bad as other brands in the same price range.
I would also check out what frequency the unit is on. Some bands are fairly cluttered, others are more "open" depending on how Aussie land distributed the bands.

Just my .02 (US lol)

Chris
Quote by RCShadow
I would also check out what frequency the unit is on. Some bands are fairly cluttered, others are more "open" depending on how Aussie land distributed the bands.

Just my .02 (US lol)

Chris

Good point that one, although the frequencies here in Aus aren't too busy since there's not even close to as many radio stations as there is in the US, it's still always a good bet to go for a UHF system as opposed to the cheaper VHF.
the x2 wireless units are pretty awesome
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Would it be better off getting a higher frequency system?
xx
PunkAintDead!
My bassist uses the AKG Guitar Bug and loves it. After seeing him having so much fun, I bought one myself but was reluctant because I've tried Sennheiser & Nady and was impressed with neither...I had alot of problems with noise and bad connections.
So far, the Guitar Bug has performed very well for me (and him) and I as yet have no complaints. They're not over-the-top expensive and there's no cords at all.
The only thing you may not like is sticking a small piece of velcro to your guitar body. If that doesn't appeal to you, then that may be the only factor that keeps you away.