At the moment I have a Fender Stratocaster which I believe is a Squire model. It doesn't say Squire, it just says "The New Standard Strat" (Made in Mexico) which because of messages I have seen online, I believe it to be a squire. Anyway it's not bad but not great for rock etc, when I bought it I was just starting out but now I'm into rock I find I can't really get a great sound out of it. My amp is a second hand marshall, 75 watt, that's all I know about it. It keeps going bang (has done it since I got it about a year and a half ago)
It's not great but it's okay for practicing. Now however, I want to get a decent guitar and amp, or at the very least, an amp.

I want to be able to play things like Paranoid, songs by Nightwish and similar bands, Lynyrd Skynyrd and I also want it to have a good tuneful sound for clean melodic rock.

I know that ain't much to go on, but I just want something that means I can play loads of different styles. I have a channel pedal and a distortion pedal btw which are working fine.

For both the guitar and the amp I wouldn't want to pay more than 700-800 pounds so please don't say go buy a 8k guitar and a wall of amps

Cheers peeps
Mike
It's a Fender stratocaster made in Mexico, that's a good guitar...and great if you buy this:

Peavey Classic 30 ---- 500 euros
New pickups for your strat - ------ 150 euros
Ibanez WH-10 ------- about 200 euros

850 Euros = 677 pounds

If you are not going to gig buy a Blackheart.....
Yamaha C40 acoustic
Yamaha EG 112

Yamaha GA-15

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Last edited by max_mne at May 25, 2008,
Maybe an Epiphone Les Paul with a Valveking 112?

Together, around 800 €.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Classic 30, keep the guitar, if its not comfortable to play get a set up. New pickups could be a good idea cus the stock mexi ones are a lil on the terrible side.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
and ignore the wh-10 advice before

you'll never find one but they are amazing

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
and ignore the wh-10 advice before

you'll never find one but they are amazing

But everyone needs a wah pedal, and he has money, so, let him spend it on the best stuff.....
Yamaha C40 acoustic
Yamaha EG 112

Yamaha GA-15

Dunlop Crybaby Original