Hi,

I am a poor guitar player who totally loves telecasters. I don't have one yet but I really want to buy one. I don't want a squier but the real Fenders are way above my budget. Then I stumbled against the London City Comet which in fact is a telecaster. The reviews are really good and it is cheap. I was wondering if anyone owns one or knows someone and I'd like to hear your experiences with this thing.

It seems like this is the perfect gutiar for me (at least the best guitar I can get with my budget) but I don't want to buy a not-so-good guitar. (I realize I will need to spend a lot of money for a good guitar but I'm just looking for a guitar thats reasonable and cheap.)

I hope anyone can help me with this.
Quote by SquierLolz
Why not a squier?

I heard these are better. And buying a squier just doesn't sound like an upgrade...
It doesnt look to bad, but are there any specs on it anywhere?

To my eyes, it just looks like another cheap no name copy. I think you should deffinately reconsider squiers, the affinity series telecasters are beautifull for the price. Alder too, great feel, great tele sound.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_squier_affinity_tele_mn_bb_02.htm

Try them out if you can.
Quote by beckyjc
It doesnt look to bad, but are there any specs on it anywhere?

To my eyes, it just looks like another cheap no name copy. I think you should deffinately reconsider squiers, the affinity series telecasters are beautifull for the price. Alder too, great feel, great tele sound.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_squier_affinity_tele_mn_bb_02.htm

Try them out if you can.

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is, I am on this other forum where they say the London City Comet is something absolutely amazing. (<- not really like that but they are positive about it.) The reviews are read look really promising, it really isn't 'just another copy' according to those.
You have to take into consideration that most people doing these reviews etc. are n00bs that dont know their arse from their elbow and are still in their honey moon stage with the guitar. Of course if you trust them with your gut, then its up to you, but still, I say dont pass up on the squiers just because of the name.

Try before you buy.
I hear some really good things about Comets. But I never got the chance to try one with a maple fretboard (Which is something I need from a Fender style guitar) so I cant tell you about my own experiences.

Reviews are good all round tho.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Last edited by Walternativo at May 25, 2008,
Great guitar, tried it a few times at a local shop. Going to buy myself one in a short time, very very close to the real deal.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Save up for a MIM Fender. They're not expensive.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Body is made of alder and neck is maple, just to let you know.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe