Hey everyone, i was thinking of getting a new guitar, an Ibanez RGT42DXFM-BBL, Bright Blue.

I would usually try a guitar before i buy, but nowhere near me has this guitar in stock, so i need some of your advice.

Does anyone have this guitar? If so, does it have a good feel, easy to play, ect?
I know these things are all down to personal preference, but i would still like a good idea of what the guitar is like.

Also, im into most music genres, but would mainly be playing rock/metal, so could anyone reccomend a guitar that has similar stats and quality for maybe cheaper price?

Cheers guys

:::EDIT:::
Some Stats

£489.00 + delivery

Neck: 5pc Wizard II thru-neck

NeckType: Wizard II (neck-thru)
Body: Mahogany body/ Flamed Maple top
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Deluxe Sharktooth
Bridge: Edge III bridge
NeckPU: IBZ INF1 neck pu
MiddlePU: IBZ INF2 bridge pu
Colour: Bright Blue
New/2nd hand: New

:::EDIT:::

Right thanks to your help iv'e decided im going to get an Ibanez RG1570-SDB, as it is better value for money.

thanks.
Last edited by ~*Tutty*~ at May 25, 2008,
I'm 85% sure that guitar has an EDGE III which would be a big no-no (especially for that much money) so I recommend just getting an RG1570 because it's a prestige series which means you get the prestige neck and an Edge Pro bridge.

Plus it's cheaper and you get a case...
Quote by T!AN
I'm 85% sure that guitar has an EDGE III which would be a big no-no (especially for that much money) so I recommend just getting an RG1570 because it's a prestige series which means you get the prestige neck and an Edge Pro bridge.

Plus it's cheaper and you get a case...

+1
yes it does have an edge III bridge, and what is wrong with that? i am a noob with guitar tech.
also i will update the stats of the guitar onto the 1st post.
Quote by ~*Tutty*~
yes it does have an edge III bridge, and what is wrong with that? i am a noob with guitar tech.
also i will update the stats of the guitar onto the 1st post.

http://www.lawl.net/gtr/trems

Read this for information regarding Ibanez guitar tremolo systems.
that tremolo guide was VERY helpful, thank you very much.
i now see that for 489 quid its not worth it, and might get a Ibanez RG1570-SDB, Suede Black, New, Inc. Case.
i would prefer that guitar, but on the same website it going for 529 pounds, including case.
if i can find it for less than 489 i will get it.
Get a Dean Vendetta Floyd. Better than the Ibanez mainly cause of the bridge
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by ~*Tutty*~
that tremolo guide was VERY helpful, thank you very much.
i now see that for 489 quid its not worth it, and might get a Ibanez RG1570-SDB, Suede Black, New, Inc. Case.
i would prefer that guitar, but on the same website it going for 529 pounds, including case.
if i can find it for less than 489 i will get it.

No problem man, nice job on actually taking the advice! Most users who want guitars with Edge III trems won't budge and refuse to accept the Edge III isn't a great trem.

I assume you're based in UK cus of the sterling aye? Check this out.
wow, nice work guys.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it doesnt mention the edge zero trem though does any1 have any information on that?