Hi!

I was feeling like learning theory last night so I started to fight with modes, and I noticed that if you combine Let's say a E minor scale with Mixolydian mode you get notes:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1
E F# G A B C Db E

and those are notes for what scale?

Could someone explain me this thing or give a link where they are explained? thank you!
鋼の錬金術師
a mixolydian mode is an inversion of a major scale, just as a minor is.
If C is the major scale, a i s the minor and G is the mixolydian root.
a mixolydian is exactly the same as a major bar the seventh degree, it is lowered a semitone.
G Major g a b c d e f# G
MIXOLYDIAN g a b c d e f g
Quote by Roc8995
I ran into some fingering issues. I can get it up to speed the way I've been fingering it, but I'm wondering if you guys have any better ideas, because it seems like there should be an easier way to finger this.

Don't worry there is Roc, there is
To begin with, you've got your degrees wrong. E minor is E F# G A B C D E, and E Mixolydian is E F# G# A B C# D. I dunno where the Db came from, unless you were trying to flatten the seventh degree to make the Mixolydian mode. First learn the degrees of the modes. I.e

Mixolydian: 1 2 3 4 5 6 b7 8
sig goes here
Quote by Punkismygod
and those are notes for what scale?
Nothing stable, useable, nice sounding or logical.

The only difference I see from a standard minor scale is a double flat seventh, meaning (if you followed it without using accidentals) you wouldnt be able to play over minor7 chords. And that chromatic run is another. Sure chromatic runs are great, but to have one in a scale...

I dont know how you got that scale, but its nasty.

I think what you might be refering to is when you add notes to pentatonics (not diatonic scales) to make modes. Like adding major sixths to your minor pentatonics gets you dorian, or a flat sixth gets you aeolian. With this knowledge, you can spice up your pentatonic licks.
Theres an article in Ug's columns section: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/music_theory/pentatonic_to_modes.html