whats bad about this bridge? seems hated among UGers, and i havent tried it yet...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Made of inferior materials. The knifes edges go dull in a matter of months. Please don't buy one. You're wasting your money. Big time.
what are the knife edges? and what if its stock on a guitar?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Amitio
Doesnt Morello use edge tremolos?

Probably not an Edge III though...
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
^ dont know buy he wont be useing edge 3s, most likely edge pros

edge 3 is just a low quality tremelo. ive heard it swaps out for an OFR pretty well but in my experience (i own one) you get very sick of having one after a while.
Quote by metallicafan616
what are the knife edges? and what if its stock on a guitar?

That's what the whole tremolo 'floats' on (hence the name 'floating bridge'). It only rests on these knife edges. You sure can imagine that when it's used, the trem rubs on those edges. And because the materials of the Edge 3 aren't that great, it will wear out with time.

Simple solution: Don't buy a guitar with an Edge 3. If you need a cheap guitar with a double locking trem, look at the Ibanez S320. It has a ZR trem, which will last a looooong time.

EDIT:

clicky clicky:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503
Last edited by TheQuailman at May 25, 2008,
Quote by aashidhakbs FTW
Made of inferior materials. The knifes edges go dull in a matter of months. Please don't buy one. You're wasting your money. Big time.

I sorta Agree with you.

first off all, the guitar which has that is good, but you may wanna change the edge three. to a LFR or even better OFR.