Hey UG,

One straightforward question:

Is there any point in me getting this amp for mainly bedroom practice? (although i will gig with it occasionally). I mean, i would want to have a good metal sound through it. Can i achieve that at low volumes with my boss ME-50? (or i could buy a single overdrive of some sort).

OK thats two questions really sorry!

Thanks.
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
50 watts tube is pretty loud for a bedroom..
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
i know, but is it possible to play very quietly with it and still retain that good old valve sound?
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
I have that exact set up in my room, I don't gig though I do jam with my "band" quite a lot.

First thing: The Boss ME-50 (though nice) will drain the tone so if you can stick it through the effects loop!

Second thing: You will be disappointed with the sound of the amp at 0-2 volume setting (at home I use the ME-50 straight through and use the distortion in the multieffects because the distortion at low volume is crap) BUT when you turn this amp up it sounds great!!

So basically it is a good enough bedroom amp but the difference in sound quality between a jamming situation and a bedroom is considerable. Also don't forget the point about the effects loop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
I have that exact set up in my room, I don't gig though I do jam with my "band" quite a lot.

First thing: The Boss ME-50 (though nice) will drain the tone so if you can stick it through the effects loop!

Second thing: You will be disappointed with the sound of the amp at 0-2 volume setting (at home I use the ME-50 straight through and use the distortion in the multieffects because the distortion at low volume is crap) BUT when you turn this amp up it sounds great!!

So basically it is a good enough bedroom amp but the difference in sound quality between a jamming situation and a bedroom is considerable. Also don't forget the point about the effects loop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by Joycey

!

i't really doesn't suck tone.. beleive me.. played mine trough a friend's 212 sounded awsome
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Sounds fine at low volumes, usually play mine between 1-2. Also you can get a good OD and push the tubes a little harder so at low volume it fills out more. Peaveys are a good choice if you playing low volume and in the bedroom.