i've got £2000 to spend so i've got a pretty big budget, but the thing is i can only buy off ebay (UK) [long story dont ask]

i'm looking for something with 24 frets, a locking floating trem, preferrably mahogany but i dont mind, oh and no bolt ons

a les paul type guitar with a floyd would be ace, all shapes considered

just give me some ideas of the kind of guitars i can get, also any offers would be cool
PRS Santana 2 or 3
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
or a music man Axis... then you'll still have some left over and it's one of the best stock guitars that money can buy...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by Dave Gilmour
PRS Santana 2 or 3

i'm not really a fan of the prs guitars, i forgot to mention my style leans towards general shred and metal
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Why the hell would you spend that much on just one guitar?

£2000 is the max, it doesnt mean it HAS to be £2000
get yourself a high end jackson esp/ibanez shees it's not that hard with 2k
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
i'd say buy a guitar and an amp, that's a lot of money just for one guitar.
You could get a really nice setup for that much..I'd say split it 800 or less for the guitar and the
rest on a really nice amp.
Unless you already have a really nice amp, then go for a prs of some sort, i'd say custom 24
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
What amp you playing through at the moment? A £2000 guitar will sound pants if its being played through a POS amp....
Quote by Kirk_Hammett000
What amp are you using?

I would go for an ESP KH 3

mesa boogie recto-verb
if it was me, I'd totally get that slash model BCRich Mocking bird. Actually, for that price I'd phone BCRich up and get them to make me one in natural finish. (oh yeah, it's only on ebay? You'll probably find one of the older similar mockingbirds 2nd hand at some point...)
Quote by metallica92
mesa boogie recto-verb

Thats pretty good.

since you like Metallica.

I'd deffo. go for an ESP KH - 3.

its Les Paul Style 24 frets cool inlays.
Floyed rose not sure if its LFR or OFR.
Look into jackson and esp as i looks like you play a bit of metal?
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi
Do it once, it's a mistake.

Keep doing it, it's Jazz.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
Jackson SL2H MAH. Everything you want: Mahony with flametop, OFR, ebony fretboard, Neckthru...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Parker Fly Mojo

Edit: I'll go into detail/specs.

Body is one Piece Mahogany, ultra thin body lined at the back with a fine sheet of fiber giving it huge sustain and strength with increased resonance.

The neck is similar to a Jacksons neck, plays itself really... 24 frets with no limitations to the upper frets. Again lined with Fiber sheet along with a Carbon Glass fretboard, ALWAYS slick and smooth!

Sound is superb, perfect for every sound ever imaginable... From Jazz smooth tones to acoustics to death metal... Brilliant.

Last edited by Blast For Satan at May 25, 2008,
what about the USA razorback tribute, its a dimebag darrell style guitar with floyd rose im pretty sure and nice pickups, might not be a les paul shape but it looks pretty kick ass.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
dude, look into ESP, maybe some of the signature models.

www.ESPguitars.com

click guitars and look at all of the artist signature models they have. some of em are EXTREMELY nice
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by akack
Jem?

+1
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
with that kind of money you could probably get a custom made guitar
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
JEM, or JS1200 maybe?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by Blast For Satan
Parker Fly Mojo

Body is one Piece Mahogany, ultra thin body lined at the back with a fine sheet of fiber giving it huge sustain and strength with increased resonance.

The neck is similar to a Jacksons neck, plays itself really... 24 frets with no limitations to the upper frets. Again lined with Fiber sheet along with a Carbon Glass fretboard, ALWAYS slick and smooth!

Sound is superb, perfect for every sound ever imaginable... From Jazz smooth tones to acoustics to death metal... Brilliant.

This.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Go with something like an ESP or Jackson, anything really that fits your needs and looks great
if you search esp on ebay theres a british ebay shop that has pretty much their whole range.

the camo one is SEXY
Fender Custom Tele, FMT HH
Michael Kelly Patriot Black
Peavey VK 212 (modded)
Member #24 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

Quote by larrytheguitar
Would you eat the fish.
Quote by Blast For Satan
Parker Fly Mojo

YES YES YES
I'm back, you douchebags.
custom legra. or feline. something like that, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?