I have an ESP kh-602 guitar, a boss gt8 pedal and a FENDER 25w and its a horrible amp for metal... i want to now your opinions of a good amp for metal under the 600 dolars. Thanks
get a peavey valveking and get a tubescreamer

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

You could look for a used Peavey 6505 or 5150 (same amp) for that much. Other amps to look for are Bugeras, Randall RG50TC, B52 AT112 and the like timzee said, the Peavey Valveking (with probably a tubescreamer/Bad Monkey or something if you need heavy distortion). Those are the most common options, although you could score a used Mesa Mark III/IV for that much I think, maybe a used Peavey JSX too.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
a 5150 would be much better than a valveking.
I don't think you'll find a Mark IV thats in working condition for $600.
They are usually $1000-$1200 used, sometimes a little cheaper.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Bugera will do just fine, or VK, or used 5150 etc
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
which one is better for metal? valveking or randall rg50tc and from these amp can we get a really quality sound?
Do you need all the effects and models from the GT-8? You could sell it and open up your budget anymore.

Anyway...

Used:

Peavey 5150
Peavey JSX
Peavey Ultra
Peavey XXX
Mesa F-30/F-50
Mesa DC-3/DC-5
Mesa Mark III

New/Used:

Randall RG50TC
Peavey Valveking
B-52 AT
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by blind.quardian
which one is better for metal? valveking or randall rg50tc and from these amp can we get a really quality sound?

Havent tested the randall but everyone swears by it.. Also the VK can get to metal but its not there right out the box.. So the randall might be a better choice if you cant get a used 5150 or Ultra..
if we dont have much money can we just buy the randall? is it really good or maybe the valveking used
Essentially what Fama said.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
so since i dont have the chance to get a 5150 even used i will have to go with a used valveking or a rg50tc then...
Look no further: Vox AD30VT XL 212

Yes, it's a hybrid amp, but only a seasoned tone-grognard could tell. It will do hard rock to the heaviest of the heavy and its got cool effects. Plenty loud enough to be heard over a drummer and for doing small club gigs (50W).
Maybe a used 5150 combo?

Randalls are pretty damn good too..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I had the same problem with the same budget and I went with the B-52 AT112. Slow ass GC still hasnt sent me my shipping info.
Quote by afrika18
Look no further: Vox AD30VT XL 212

Yes, it's a hybrid amp, but only a seasoned tone-grognard could tell. It will do hard rock to the heaviest of the heavy and its got cool effects. Plenty loud enough to be heard over a drummer and for doing small club gigs (50W).

I would definitely play that one before buying it, since from what I've heard (I haven't played one myself), people complain that it's muddy, and from what, 11? models, only like 3 are useable. I definitely suggest you play it before you buy it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
I would definitely play that one before buying it, since from what I've heard (I haven't played one myself), people complain that it's muddy, and from what, 11? models, only like 3 are useable. I definitely suggest you play it before you buy it.

Agreed. It's definately not a metal amp.

+1 to what you said the other time.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Agreed. It's definately not a metal amp.

+1 to what you said the other time.

...not a metal amp? I thought it was ment for metal, and that's what it does, it just does that badly.
Quote by Lunchbox362
My bad. I was thinking about the original version, not the XL. The original's a heap of mud IMO.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Fama
...not a metal amp? I thought it was ment for metal, and that's what it does, it just does that badly.

I've read many reviews on this amp and I've not read anywhere that it sounds bad. I just tried one out at the local music shop and I thought it kicked ass. Admittedly, a couple of the presets didn't sound that great, but that's what the "manual" mode is for, tweaking those presets into something you can use. Most of the presets sounded fantastic to me. And the effects were great too. Also the thing was plenty loud. But yea, play it first, obviously.