So I was looking into this pedal because I wanted to go for Randy's tone so I was slowly going to start buying his gear, I know this thing won't do it alone.. a big part is his equalizer and his super plexi but might as well start out..

so my question is.. since there's no tone knob.. how does it work?
like does this thing boost your treble or anything and make you have to adjust your amps eq after it's on?
or will it basically keep the eq settings on your amp when it's switched on just boosting the volume + gain and maybe adding some mids to your tone?
same question for the clean channel..

and as for the gain, I've heard if you lower it like all the way it's more like an overdrive and if you put it full it's like a fuzzy distortion..
is this true too lol?

because if so that's what I'd like.. a distortion pedal that can work as an overdrive and can be used for a more high gain.. gain..

I was going to get a TS808 but I'm looking more toward Randys tone.. he sounds amazing on that tribute album
yeahh that's what I pretty much want.. I wanted an OD with a little more kick into it and a decent fuzz-kinda' distortion.

so with the lack of tone knob, does it change your eq when you turn it on? or does it pretty much stay the same as your eq was?
Quote by TechnicolorType
yeahh that's what I pretty much want.. I wanted an OD with a little more kick into it and a decent fuzz-kinda' distortion.

so with the lack of tone knob, does it change your eq when you turn it on? or does it pretty much stay the same as your eq was?

I was going to buy/build a Big Muff and a Tubescreamer this summer, but if the Distortion + can do both of these well, I may have to look into it. I would guess that it'd have a mid-hump similar to a tubescreamer, but I reallly have no authoritative info on this.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
yeah, I was thinking it might do that with the mids but I'm hoping that it doesn't like make the treble go really high up or something so that I could just pop it on without worrying about changing eq or tone on guitar.. like if I'm using in a song and want to turn on for a solo or something.