Hi guys!

After adjusting the action, the spring tension and so on on my Carvin CT3C with a floyd rose, I have a question. I'm under the impression that the bridge should be level with the guitar body, but I'm not exactly sure what part of the bridge that should.. Does anyone have an illustration of this? Thanks..

And also: when I'm bending strings, I notice that my bridge goes upwards, like if I was pressing my whammy bar down! Could this be a indication that the bridge isn't level? Or what I'm trying to say; is this normal?

PS: does anybody know any tricks of getting the action a bit lower, some strings seem to buzz at only certain frets, while all the others are fine... (when lowering to somewhat more desireable level)

Thanks in advance.. Matsols
the whole bridge should be parallel i pretty sure. i have never been around an original floyd rose, but if it is like a jackson lfr, the whole setup should be parallel
Quote by Matsols
And also: when I'm bending strings, I notice that my bridge goes upwards, like if I was pressing my whammy bar down! Could this be a indication that the bridge isn't level? Or what I'm trying to say; is this normal?

I think that's normal. It's just the same with Edge III at least.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
It's normal because a bend increases pressure, thus causing the bridge to move unless it's totally blocked. It's the baseplate should be parallel to the body. You can have a slight upward tilt though to give you more pull up range, but they are a bit harder to intonate and tune, meaning that you should only do that if you know what you're doing.