Quote by mexicanmidget88
pretty nice, not really liking those bends in the beginning though

Thanks, and do you mean the way the bends were executed, or you just didn't like the placement?

Also, thanks Badfish, of course I'll crit yours
well the intro is fantastic but if you found a way to transition it without using bends that wold sound much better
Quote by mexicanmidget88
well the intro is fantastic but if you found a way to transition it without using bends that wold sound much better

Okay, thanks, I'll definitely work on that. I appreciate that you put some extra thought into that

And Razor, thank you, and I'll definitely critique yours.
hmm...and im the opposite. i like the flavor the bends add. i think it adds a nice pause that allows for the mood to be like a swing set and the bends are placed right where you swing before you come back the other way.

to each their own.
Last edited by 71Stars at May 29, 2008,
Really good work man. Impressive stuff.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Quote by 71Stars
hmm...and im the opposite. i like the flavor the bends add. i think it adds a nice pause that allows for the mood to be like a swing set and the bends are placed right where you swing before you come back the other way.

to each their own.

right, i do like the pause, but there is this fantastic song called Atlantic, where they have this great acoustic and they just stop and do this bend. its almost like a cheat. i think maybe instead of doing this bend you could increase the tempo as you slide up the neck and just slide really high on one note. pause. then start again
I liked it a lot.
The bends sounded like you weren't quite hitting the right note though.. They sounded like they got really close but ended out of key. I like the feeling it gives off though.. Just not the most pleasant sound. lol
The voice is a little low in the music I think though. It's a good singing voice though, and fits the song very nicely.

Good job. =) Give mine a listen/watch? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870807
Quote by mexicanmidget88
right, i do like the pause, but there is this fantastic song called Atlantic, where they have this great acoustic and they just stop and do this bend. its almost like a cheat. i think maybe instead of doing this bend you could increase the tempo as you slide up the neck and just slide really high on one note. pause. then start again

who is atlantic by? id like to look it up and listen
i found myself at first not liking the sound but it opened up and its really good, its could be great with a great recording (i didn't mind the bends personaly), the picking guitar sounded very appropriate ove the rhythm, singing is good etc. etc.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys

We've been screwing around with everything on this, thinking about adding horns, amongst other things, so I hope we can re-record it soon and have it full band