i didnt no where to put this thread so i put it here but dose anyone have a site that lists different thumb chords?
You mean chords where you would wrap your thumb around the neck to fret the low E?
Quote by ldnovelo2
That guy Rhys90 is one of the greatest computer genius out there and we must found a religion to honor him
yeah if you guys ever played some john mayor, chili peppers, or hendrix you would know, i no a bunch of thumb chords but i learn some more
arent they just regular chords, but its just a another fingering of them?
Quote by Amitio

like chords on the low E, instead of barring it with your 1st finger, you use your thumb.
I've seen Frusciante do that quite a bit

or use the thumb to fret the bass notes
Quote by ldnovelo2
That guy Rhys90 is one of the greatest computer genius out there and we must found a religion to honor him
Quote by Rhys90
like chords on the low E, instead of barring it with your 1st finger, you use your thumb.
I've seen Frusciante do that quite a bit

or use the thumb to fret the bass notes

yeah like that but do you guys no a web site that shows all the thumb chords?
Quote by Amitio

I guess.

I guess he means this (EXAMPLE):

(F#)
(Thumb)

x|  |  |
x|  |  |
  |x|  |
  |  |x|
  |  |x|
x|  |  |

Instead of using just your index finger.
Quote by thisismyacc
yeah like that but do you guys no a web site that shows all the thumb chords?

i doubt that there's really a list of them. you just use an inversion or voicing of a chord that you like, and if you need the bass but can't reach it with your other 4 fingers, use your thumb... there isn't a big ol' master list of 'thumb chords'
ehh.. .i could of just figured them out but im not in the mood.. thanks guy ill figure the thumb chords out later...