I've read the rec threads, but I'm still in need of some help. I'm looking for bands that sound similar to other bands, not really in their overall sound but perhaps more in their movements and rhythmic ideas.

Bands that I enjoy and am looking for similar bands:

Norma Jean
Vanna
Easy Come Easy Go (local band: myspace.com/letsgetchunky )

I basically like stuff that I can dance to.

I like a lot of other bands, I just don't feel like typing all of it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I Killed The Prom Queen
With Blood Comes Cleansing
Devil Wears Prada

Also, I can dance to:
Showbread
Foxboro HotTubs
=)
as i lay dying
as blood runs black
everytime i die
eternal lord
a static lullaby

idk you might like some of these
I've had or heard all of those except Eternal Lord. The best thing I can say in regards to what I want is hardcore or post-hardcore or mathcore or whatever the hell you choose to label it, that's really heavy but still has a good swing to it.
I already have their discography, lol. They're sweet. If you like them, see if you can find anything from an older band from Maine called Barium.
If you like Norma Jean check out Botch, at first you might think wow these guys ripped off my boys Norma Jean........but no Norma Jean is completely unoriginal because they copied Botch's style almost completely. Seriously look into them and mr. joopy has a good hardcore list above me

and just check out Between the Buried and Me because they are the most epic band ever, they're more prog metal than core especially recently but no matter what genre of music you listen to you HAVE to check them out.
Haha, thanks guys, and I love BTBAM! I was actually wearing one of their shirts yesterday, lol. I'm just looking for stuff that's really swingly like I said, basically stuff I can throwdown and two step to, lol.
Quote by jimmy388
Haha, thanks guys, and I love BTBAM! I was actually wearing one of their shirts yesterday, lol. I'm just looking for stuff that's really swingly like I said, basically stuff I can throwdown and two step to, lol.

well if you like to "throwdown" and two step check out these

emmure
the acacia strain
recon
American me
mychildren mybride
Mychildren Mybride were ok, With Blood Comes Cleansing and Emmure is pretty cool, they remind me a little bit of Norma Jean...if Norma Jean's drummer used a double bass pedal and weren't so spazzy. Keep em coming guys

Edit: Upon further listening, I've decided that Emmure is basically pure, unadulterated win. Thank you guys, I would definitely take more stuff like that, just a chaotic, rhythmically retarded piece of work that sounds like someone getting hit in the face with an axe over and over again.
Last edited by jimmy388 at May 26, 2008,
emmure is pure unadulterated untalented ****, but if you like it, whatever.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Just because I list these bands doesn't mean I support them, but here are a few off the top of my head:

Fear Before The March of Flames, Zao, Oh Sleeper, On Broken Wings, Beecher, Cursed, Dead Swans, Bury Your Dead, SHIPWRECK A.D., The Chariot, Botch, Drowningman, Evergreen Terrace, Every Time I Die, From A Second Story Window.
Quote by pmeg568c
emmure is pure unadulterated untalented ****, but if you like it, whatever.

Their lyrics aren't that great, but I dig their instrumentation.

Edit: So....Botch is about 8 shades of awesome, I think this will do guys, but if you have anything you think I definitely gotta hear, either post it or pm me. Thanks for all the help!
Last edited by jimmy388 at May 26, 2008,
Coalesce is terrible. Horrendous. Functioning On Impatients is the perfect example of a bad metalcore album.
Quote by Aveks
Coalesce is terrible. Horrendous. Functioning On Impatients is the perfect example of a bad metalcore album.

wrong
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by Aveks

They're better than all those bands you just listed except Botch, Beecher, Cursed and Zao
Quote by Selkies921
They're better than all those bands you just listed except Botch, Beecher, Cursed and Zao

Did you not read my post? Here, I'll put it in MONSTOROUS LETTERS THIS TIME SO YOU DON'T MISS IT.

Quote by Aveks
Just because I list these bands doesn't mean I support them, but here are a few off the top of my head:

Fear Before The March of Flames, Zao, Oh Sleeper, On Broken Wings, Beecher, Cursed, Dead Swans, Bury Your Dead, SHIPWRECK A.D., The Chariot, Botch, Drowningman, Evergreen Terrace, Every Time I Die, From A Second Story Window.

Dead Swans, Shipwreck, Drowningman, and Beecher all bring the heat. The rest I'm not going to vouch for, necessarily.

But, Coalesce... I can't stand them. I admit, I've never really given them a chance because, the vocals are annoying as ****.