hey everyone..im new to these forums and i must say they r awesome!

ok im a beginner whose interested in electric guitars...i dont really know much bout them....actually nothing about them lol...

Could u guys give me some info on E.G's and suggest some good quality beginner electric guitars for me?...I want to use my electric guitar mostly for distortion...heavy metal and meduim metal tunes....and a few blues but mostly metal!

I have been suggested a Dean Vendetta XM and a Fender Squire Strat...tho I am quite interested in Ibanez but dont know which one is good for me...i willing to spend quite a lot for my guitar...not extremely high but a good amount...so pls guys reccoemnd me some good quality electric guitars ( specifically ibanez) and an amp to go along with it...tyvm and waiting for ur replies!
Maybe you should try an HSS Strat... I mean, with that bucker in there you could pull off metal, but still retain some blues. I'm not really sure... how much can you spend?
I live in India so umm..its like this...i can spend Rs. 15000-20000 and 1$(US)=Rs.40

i'll check this HSS Strat on he web..also pls someone post some basic infor on E.G's..really appreciate it!..ty
^ By that maths, $100 = 4000 Rs, SO 15000Rs = Say, $375. You should be able to get a good Ibanez or Squire Strat with that (Have a look for the Vintage Modified if you can)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Go for a Fender Squier Strat. That was my first guitar and they're not bad for beginners. Nice tone, nice feel, a decent guitar.
hm...nice..i'll check them over..tho keep posting some choices...especially ibanez...am quite interested in them..and a good amp to go with that...and i cud prolly raise the money a bit to at max by 5k!(Rs.)
Last edited by Anish2008 at May 25, 2008,
pretty much anything with humbuckers can be used for metal. Humbuckers are a type of pickup on the guitar
Take a look at my blog
hey man check out some ibanez products, they have some REALLY rockin' guitars for great prices. ibanez RX20 was my first guitar. i modded the hell out of it, and still use it today. i'd suggest something with a humbucker at least in the bridge.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
My first guitar was an Ibanez Gio well thats what the head says. But you can probably get a better one since that one is like $160. Maybe look at Epiphone G-310 that thing looks amazing in white. Or look at ebay. I got a very nice S101 Les Paul copy for around $230.
Quote by Section 5
Go for a Fender Squier Strat. That was my first guitar and they're not bad for beginners. Nice tone, nice feel, a decent guitar.

Agreed! Dean also has a low end Evo and a Vendetta that isn't bad either.

At one time the Vendetta was $89 but it went back up.

The Evo is about $119
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Last edited by Dav23 at May 25, 2008,
Quote by Anish2008
woah this seems to be a good guitar...wat do u guys think?

Its the best beginner guitar there is imo. Plus you can swap out the pickups later if you want and Itl be that much better.
go Ibanez, definately my fav.
My gear,

roland Jazz chourus
les paul model i built myself
Big muff
squire bullet soon to be hot rodded
Mxr Phase100
bass i built myself
Morley Wah

"I'm still trying to figure
out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets."
the availabilty of the ibanez rg2ex1 seems tough but im trying...any other reccomendations which are as same as or near this guitar...this one seems to be the perfect one for me!
keep the suggestions coming pls guys and also pls answer my above question!
hey everyone i have been doing a bit of research and i found some good ibanez guitars -

Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Ibanez RGR-321EX
Ibanez RG321

how r they...r they good for beginners??
Anish, have you purchased a guitar already? I found your posts on nVidia forums and here

On another thread , I've been recommended an RGR421EXFM.
hey darkmav...wats ur profile name on nvidia forms?...oh and yea about the guitar....im going this saturday to purchase an Ibanez RGR421EXFM with a Marshall MG30DFX or Fender Frontman 210R amp....
I'm not on the nVidia forums...I was searching for the same Ibanez model and where I could get it in India...thats how I chanced upon your forum posts on three forums (indiaguitartabs included :-) ). I want to buy the same guitar but I already have a homebrew amplifier system with huge loudspeakers, so I will buy a simple amplifier for my guitar.

Where in India do you live? I want to buy this guitar in Delhi. Do you know of any good places where I could get it?
hey...I live in gurgaon , haryana....the only place u can get this in delhi is in lagpat nagar in a shop called "on - stage"

good luck !!
Quote by Anish2008
I live in India so umm..its like this...i can spend Rs. 15000-20000 and 1$(US)=Rs.40

i'll check this HSS Strat on he web..also pls someone post some basic infor on E.G's..really appreciate it!..ty

Are you saying that .40 R = $1?

So 15000 - 20000 Rs = $6000 - $8000

With that kind of money you can buy the best.

EDIT: Whoops, where's my manners. Welcome to the board mate.
I wouldn't go too cheap on your first guitar! Anything under $200.00 US (or CDN) could be a mess. When you consider markup from the distributor to the Store, a $200 was probably built for $100 or so. Subtract even the cheapest pickups, hardware etc and you're not left with much money to actually build the thing! You may get lucky with one as the quality will vary a lot in cheap guitars but you'd have to try many to spot the "good" one. When you first start playing you may not notice issues but as you ear and skills develop more they will become apparent. Cheap guitars typically have:
Neck issues (can be warps, twists or just poor alignment on neck pocket)
Cheap tuners that slip causing unstable tuning
Desing may be poor enough that you can't accurately intonote the thing and it will sound out of tune depending on where on the neck you play.
Cheap guitars have no re-sale value and so the money is basically gone once spent.
By spending over $300.00 you start to get into something that you can resell should you later want to trade up. It will also perform better and you won't outgrown it as quickly.
Quote by PanHead

Lol no

The transformation is given by

Rs. 40 == $1
Quote by Anish2008
hey...I live in gurgaon , haryana....the only place u can get this in delhi is in lagpat nagar in a shop called "on - stage"

good luck !!

How much are you getting the Ibanez RGR421EXFM for? And where are you buying it from?
Quote by darkmav
How much are you getting the Ibanez RGR421EXFM for? And where are you buying it from?

im buying it from lagpat nagar...from on stage or bajaoo .com

bajaoo is selling it for 18,500Rs. and on stage for 19,600!
Quote by PanHead

EDIT: Whoops, where's my manners. Welcome to the board mate.

lol 15000Rs is 375$ and 20000 is 500$

I am unfamiliar with Delhi...does Bajaao have a retail outlet there? If yes, can you please give me the address/contact info?

Anish, please do post your experiences on this thread. I will be in Delhi this weekend, so I would like to hear from you about this guitar...will help me come to a decision.
Last edited by darkmav at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by klb93

+1

Rondo's SX line are out great affordable guitars which rival and often beat the Squier line at half the price, particually their Strat and Tele tributes.
Quote by darkmav
Lol no

The transformation is given by

Rs. 40 == $1

Ok then, the decimal point (the dot) is what threw me off.
dont get a Fender Squier Strat
Squier guitars are horrible and cheaply made
that was my first guitar and it sucked
for $400 get a MiM fender strat instead-NOT Squier
maybe a yamaha pacifica?
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
i would advise you to get the Rocket deluxe/special

i think its marshall who make it but it plays brialliantly

iv had it for 4 years and it hasnt let me down once. the neck is very good for a guitar that price, the trem isnt bad either, and the humbeucker is amazing for what you pay.

seriously, check it out http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall/rocket_series
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I personally prefer 33 A.D. when they finally killed that bastard Jesus.

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Hey Anish, I am in Delhi these days. I contacted Onstage in Noida and Lajpat Nagar, but they do not have this guitar in stock.Did you get it or are you still waiting? Please let me know whether you have purchased the guitar and if so, where you purchased it from.

Cheers
vivek