is there anyway i can get the mac program garage band onto my windows? if so how and would it cost me or is there a way i could get it for free?
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
You can't. The mounting disk is .dmg for mac, while it's .exe for windows.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
you are just better off to use a mac. even if you can get it on to windows, its the whole quality thing. most of the recording companies use mac. it sounds so much clearer.
Quote by jemocam
you are just better off to use a mac. even if you can get it on to windows, its the whole quality thing. most of the recording companies use mac. it sounds so much clearer.

...Explain?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
The sound quality is better on macs. Trust me. I've used music recordin programs on both mac and windows. Mac sounded way better, man.
Quote by Metallist65
The sound quality is better on macs. Trust me. I've used music recordin programs on both mac and windows. Mac sounded way better, man.

Did you use the same program on the Mac and PC?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
Quote by Vandals572
...Explain?

Often windows computers don't come with their own sound card. It's made by some foreign company. Mac makes everything they sell, virtually, and of course, because of that, it's basically bred to work perfectly with everything else.
Quote by leeb rocks
i use a mac for recording and it is awsome, the quility of sound is sick.
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Yes you can. But you have to be somewhat computer savvy. Essentially what you do is you make a partition designed to hold osx 10.5 (have to download it from internet) and then you can dual boot into either windows or "osx86".

Installation guide: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_Guides

Warning: you may screw up your comp, but if you're good with computers it's not hard to install.
There's a cracked version of MAC OS that works in PC's.
Install it in a different partition and use it to use Garage Band.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Rhoads92
Yes you can. But you have to be somewhat computer savvy. Essentially what you do is you make a partition designed to hold osx 10.5 (have to download it from internet) and then you can dual boot into either windows or "osx86".

Installation guide: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_Guides

Warning: you may screw up your comp, but if you're good with computers it's not hard to install.

Good idea, but he'd then have a mac computer. I think what he's looking for is running it on the windows partition.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by konkordmusk
Often windows computers don't come with their own sound card. It's made by some foreign company. Mac makes everything they sell, virtually, and of course, because of that, it's basically bred to work perfectly with everything else.

Ah, ok. I was just looking for some reasoning behind that
Quote by alkalineweeman

mah hardcore band
Quote by Wiland
is there anyway i can get the mac program garage band onto my windows? if so how and would it cost me or is there a way i could get it for free?

Just use audacity, its the windows version...or so everyones says...

Also go to the R&R form for recording questions...

Quote by Metallist65

did you use an audio interface between the two programs?
if not, im sure your results are thrown off...

I personally believe mac and PC are fairly equal. It's all prefrence in the end...
I use a PC with cakewalk sonar 6 producer myself...and the m-audio 2496 for an interface. I have only used a mac for editing video and audio at a few jobs but I didnt see or hear any difference.
Last edited by moody07747 at May 25, 2008,
Quote by konkordmusk
You can't. The mounting disk is .dmg for mac, while it's .exe for windows.

hah, mounting.
Theres no point installed Mac's OS on a pc cause youre still using a PC soundcard ffs.

Just get Sonar and a Line6 Toneport.
Quote by jemocam

Mac's are the way to go.....so much cleaerer, faster, better, easily upgraded etc..

Who uses windows anyway ?........
This is turning into a nubcake mac vs pc thread.

Report time soon me thinks...
Quote by Preid
This is turning into a nubcake mac vs pc thread.

Report time soon me thinks...

TS was only asking a question, lay off.
and it is pretty much impossible TS.