Has anyone ever played on (or owns) an ESP bass, particularly an AX-104 or AX-404
If so how do you like them? Any problems, etc
I'm thinking about getting a bass in the future
Firslty, why bump 4 mins after you last posted? There is an edit button.

As for ESP basses, they generally have a very 'metal' image. My personal feelings on them are that they are good basses, but I generally prefer the alternatives in the price range of all of their basses.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I have an ESP bass, B-55 5 string. And an AX-50 guitar. They have a good sound if you have a good amp. My B-55 is a very basic shape, nothing flashy.
ESP Company motto:

"Well, we're not as bad as BC Rich..."

High end models from both companies are solid, but generally outclassed by similarly priced competitors.

Low end models from BC Rich are pretty much a guaranteed fail. Buying low end models from ESP is just more like playing roulette on a heavily biased table.

Without a ball.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at May 25, 2008,
Well, they're not for everyone. And certainly not for everything! But, as a metalhead, my opinion is that their more expensive models are really really nice.

However, as a funky dude I'd recommend something more versatile. Like everyone else will.
Fler Ismaskiner!
I've played a few (cant remember which models) and they were awesome

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3