Quote by Horlicks
Blemished, scrapes or scratches

Anyway I can figure out if they are large noticable ones?
It was probably dropped and has a scratch. Blem's are great deals for people who aren't nazis about there gear being in mint condition. I would go for it.
Blem=Blemished or imperfections.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Quote by FloydBarchetta
It was probably dropped and has a scratch. Blem's are great deals for people who aren't nazis about there gear being in mint condition. I would go for it.

plus if the scratch is that bad u can just paint ovr it and most ppl wont notice
btw the v500 is an incredible guitar but only really for metal

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
btw the v500 is an incredible guitar but only really for metal

well, thats all i really play
My friends cousin ordered a schecter c1 classic blem for like $200 off and there was a minor paint smear on the BACK of the headstock.. It was cool.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
It's like buying clothes at Marshalls...discounted for any sort of 'imperfection." You can get great deals on blemished items because most of the time, it's a stupid little scratch where nobody can see it. Or if you aren't a mint condition Nazi as someone else said.

Sometimes it's just because it was the floor model, but of course, that's for GC and such, not MF.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
My brother got an SG supreme half price and to this day we still don't know what's wrong with it.
I had a great experience buying a blemished guitar from zZounds. It was $250 off and it had these tiny little scratches on the back that I could barely see.

Buy it, Musicians Friend has a 45 day return policy, you can return it. I returned the one I bought from zZounds because I realized I didn't need another guitar haha.
id suggest going to a guitar center for multiple reasons
1 you can see the thing b4 you buy it/
2 you might be able to jew the price down a little more
3 you can play it there so if you dont like the way it sounds you can not buy it and get sumthing else

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by GoDrex
isn't that special?

what do you mean

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
what do you mean

Probably the fact that you used "Jew" in a somewhat derogatory and/or offensive manner, not being sarcastic, just saying.

But on topic, it basically just means there's gonna be a scratch on the guitar. I'd just get it, then if you find that the scratch is really bad or something (ie on the top of the body for everyone to see or on the neck) then you can just send it back, but I've heard stories about people buying "Blem" guitars and getting them then never even finding a scratch, so I'd go for it. If all else fails you can just return it and either try again or save up for a new one.
Quote by metalman89
He didn't find it funny. I lol'd.

bullshiit who wouldnt find that funny

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
well its just a figure of speech.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by edusty2010
... Maybe someone who's jewish, or someone who doesn't think racism is funny...

That isn't racism...

Anyway, Blemmished anymore wiht MF can mena either a small ding, or it fell off the truck. Literally. I've seen and heard both ends of the spectrum. Sometimes they are also returns with nothing major wrong other than worn strings and a little dirt.
Quote by CJRocker
That isn't racism...

Anyway, Blemmished anymore wiht MF can mena either a small ding, or it fell off the truck. Literally. I've seen and heard both ends of the spectrum. Sometimes they are also returns with nothing major wrong other than worn strings and a little dirt.

More times than not it is, if you're just using it as an expression ok, it's not. But if you're saying "Jew" them down because that's what a Jewish person would do, then yes, it's racism in every sense of the word, period. In short, yes, it can be a harmless expression, and I'm not going to be the one to tell you to not use it, but it's probably more respectable to refrain from it to avoid really pissing anyone off, although I don't think you did here.

The reason I even replied to this is because a close friend of mine actually got seriously punished at school once by a teacher for using that expression, apparently the teacher was jewish. He didn't mean to be offensive, (he's about the most un-racist person ever lol) he was just using the expression, but never the less that teacher has never forgiven him for it.
Quote by edusty2010
More times than not it is, if you're just using it as an expression ok, it's not. But if you're saying "Jew" them down because that's what a Jewish person would do, then yes, it's racism in every sense of the word, period. In short, yes, it can be a harmless expression, and I'm not going to be the one to tell you to not use it, but it's probably more respectable to refrain from it to avoid really pissing anyone off, although I don't think you did here.

The reason I even replied to this is because a close friend of mine actually got seriously punished at school once by a teacher for using that expression, apparently the teacher was jewish. He didn't mean to be offensive, (he's about the most un-racist person ever lol) he was just using the expression, but never the less that teacher has never forgiven him for it.

i think he meant that in the way that being jewish is not a race and should not be considered racism because it is a religion.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by edusty2010

Since when were "Jews" a race? Never, making it not Racism. It's religious bigotry, but not racism.

EDIT: F***, Beaten.
Quote by CJRocker
Since when were "Jews" a race? Never, making it not Racism. It's religious bigotry, but not racism.

sorry didnt mean to steal your thunder m8 i knew you were just baiting someone with your post. would you like me to delete my thunder stealing post?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
flip. my parents got me a "blem" then, because theres a small knowhole on the fretboard. cheapskates. its actually really noticable. BALLS
nah.

i saved a hundred quids for a tiny ding in my EX400.

you guys have to pay 700 dollars, we have to pay 600 quid, so i'll take whatever i can get.
Quote by CJRocker

well, there are the Jewish People. the descandents of early isreal. that is a race. basically theres gentiles and theres jews when it comes to white poeple. (actually there are more. alot more, but you get the idea). basically for the most part Jewish is both a religion and an ethnic group, because not many people convert to Judaism. whereas you cant say christian is a race.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I once bought a blem DV8R from them...Both V tips were beat to sh!t! It was terrible, so i sent er back, bit the bullet and bought a brand new one.
God, Half of you people don't know what you're talking about.
Blemish - something small and minor from the factory, also considered a 'factory 2nd'. If the blemish is noticeable it's taken to a luthier for repairs.
Used - bigger blemish, broken parts, dints or large scratches, etc. These are also taken to a Luthier to be repaired.

So to clear it up, a Blemish is usually something that didn't pass the factory inspection. They're worth purchasing.
Signatures are overrated.
As above said scratches, dents, marks anything of that sort from the factory really.

What Moe. said.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Okay, if you actually read Musicians Friend's definition then you will know what a blem is....sorry, but a lot of you have missed the boat.

They guarantee that the item is 100% fully functional and that the blem's are only cosmetic issues....falling off the back of a truck would most likely make it un-playable. Also, I talked over the phone with a person at MF and he explained that they are also customer returns or open items that get listed as blems. People who work there must occasionally open things up and "play with them" or something...idk, but anyways, Thats what I was told....100% Fully Functional!!!

Plus, I bought my Elitist from MF as a Blem and there was nothing wrong with it at all! The action was set so low that the strings were touching the pickups, but other then that, I have yet to find anything wrong with it. I saved an ass load of money too!!!

btw, if you're gonna cry about "jew" then why didnt you notice when someone brought up the word "nazi" CONSISTENCY!!
Last edited by piecies_81 at May 28, 2008,