well, cabs spread the sound out better, the sound quality will be a lot better, and the sound won't be blocked as easily.
I think you have to get a 1x12 extension, as itll only support 16 Ohm and up. So i would swap out the speaker.
why couldn't i get a 16ohm cab? what ones would you suggest for a tight budget?
Last edited by 4seampowerchord at May 25, 2008,
i did more research on the hartke cab and found that it could be wired at 4 or 16 ohms mono and 8 ohms stereo. what's the difference between mono and stereo on a guitar cab? Wouldn't the same thing come out of the speakers on the left and right? Couldn't i just use the 16 ohms mono?
Quote by 4seampowerchord
well, cabs spread the sound out better

True. And the difference is... it's more loud?
Quote by 4seampowerchord
the sound quality will be a lot better

Not really, no. If you get a cab with better speakers - then yes, but in that case you'd just be better off upgrading the speaker currently in the amp.
Quote by 4seampowerchord
and the sound won't be blocked as easily.

Yes, I guess, but it's not like it's blocked very easily as is, now is it?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by 4seampowerchord
why couldn't i get a 16ohm cab? what ones would you suggest for a tight budget?

I'd suggest a speaker swap. A cheap cab really isn't going to improve your sound much. One really good speaker would do a lot more for you. If you have to get a cab, maybe think about a 2x12 instead. That way you can up the quality on your limited budget.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I'd suggest a speaker swap. A cheap cab really isn't going to improve your sound much. One really good speaker would do a lot more for you. If you have to get a cab, maybe think about a 2x12 instead. That way you can up the quality on your limited budget.

+1

Ya, and then you could eventually save up for a nice head to go with the 212 .
but if i have a small combo (even if its loud) won't it still be blocked by people or possibly even me playing in front of it. Also, the cab would have better speakers. The Hartke has celestion speakers and can be used at 16 ohms. also, its not too expensive. Why couldn't i just get that. Better speakers, not blocked, and it may even sound louder.
Quote by 4seampowerchord
but if i have a small combo (even if its loud) won't it still be blocked by people or possibly even me playing in front of it. Also, the cab would have better speakers. The Hartke has celestion speakers and can be used at 16 ohms. also, its not too expensive. Why couldn't i just get that. Better speakers, not blocked, and it may even sound louder.

I can say with pretty high confidence, that the speakers in it suck. They're Celestion speakers - yet it doesn't say what model. I believe that means that they're some crap, cheap speakers Celestion had their name slapped on. And no, it's not "blocked" that easily. You're just better off upgrading the speaker currently in your amp, and if you don't want to do that, at least try to get a 212, you get a better quality cab (probably) like that.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Yea if they are good celestions they will tell you what model. If they just say celestions usually means the cheap chinese ones. MG and spider both use "celestions" no model type given. And for 249 which is really low price for a good cab. Thats the same price as a MG cab actually. Look at avatar 2x12. They have real celestions for about the same price as the junk 4x12.
Behringer's 4x12 cabs are nice, Ibanez amps are very unremarkable.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
If it has 2 speaker jacks yea real easily. The avatars are supposed to be really nice. If you get a new one you can mix and match speakers in em.
Quote by 4seampowerchord
wouldn't that sound kinda weird if you have two different speakers at once?

Nope alot of people and bands do it... For a bit more knowledge look up the Bogner Uber Kab
i've been researching speakers. It looks like the vintage 30s and the g12H are really good. Whats the best speakers(or combination of speakers) for a 412 cab to get a sound like Foo Fighters, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Green Day, OLD fall out boy, sum 41, or rise against (just to name a few bands)?