I'm getting this cable soon:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Premium-Vintage-Coil-Guitar-Cable?sku=330241

Basically I can't decide which color to get
I have an orange tiny terror and a white tele. I don't want the white one because it's just too much white.
It's pretty much between blue and black. Black would match the best, but I like the blue one because it just looks so retro and that's kinda the look I have going.

what do you guys say?
Black, you know as soon as you step out of its range it's gonna ping right out of the output jack?
Black. But honestly i don't understand the fuss about the color of a cable. also $35 seems awfully expensive for just a cable. Not saying you should go for the 4buck cable but i doubt there is much difference between a 15 buck and a 30 buck cable if any.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by Horlicks
Black, you know as soon as you step out of its range it's gonna ping right out of the output jack?

thats kinda what i'm afraid off. I have a small tube stack, so i'm afraid if I pull it too hard it will pull my head right off my cab
i doubt it would happen though, but it would still freak me out. should I just get a straight cable? something like a live wire?
hold on, you cant even pick a colour? Cant see why it would even matter tbh.

Also, those cables are annoying!
Get a straight cable.
Yes forgot to mention, get a straight cable.
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
stfu color = CRAZY important

and do you think the curly cables are that bad? I've never had one it just seems like it wouldn't be that annoying. and it only has positive reviews. but do you think i'd just be better off with a boring live wire cable?
stfu color = CRAZY importantQUOTE]
true, they have a huge impact on the tone...
You do realise the reason manufacturers still make coiled cable is because of the deliberate tonal effect it has? It sucks treble without having the crap noise of a cheap one; idea being to recreate the vintage cable tone that tamed Marshalls etc of old. SRV famously said to Cesar Diaz that Monster cables "pass too much electricity."
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by FloydBarchetta
stfu color = CRAZY importantQUOTE]
true, they have a huge impact on the tone...

sar·casm (sär'kāz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit.
alright i've decided to get it. I personally like the curly effect and i realized that I don't really care what any of you guys think. Thanks for the help anyways
Having wires coiled like that makes for a rudimentary inductor. Basically, it smoothes out AC into DC. Higher frequencies will be muted, while bass will be able to pass through easier. Mr Carrot is correct. However, I think the effect is highly overestimated, as the current and voltage through the guitar cable is very, very small, which would create a very small magnetic field. Then again....the small signal might be affected a lot by small inductance...who knows...
Gear
-Fender American Stratt
-Tube Cricket
-Homemade 20 Watt Tube (pics+clips soon)
-MXR Stereo Chorus
-Holy Grail Reverb

Theres no sensation to compare with this, suspended animation, a state of bliss...
Quote by FloydBarchetta
alright i've decided to get it. I personally like the curly effect and i realized that I don't really care what any of you guys think. Thanks for the help anyways

If you don't care what we think then why the F* did you ask the question anyways???
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by FloydBarchetta
stfu color = CRAZY important

and do you think the curly cables are that bad? I've never had one it just seems like it wouldn't be that annoying. and it only has positive reviews. but do you think i'd just be better off with a boring live wire cable?

I bought a Coiled Fender lead yesterday, I think it's great. It not only looks good, but I've found that so far it's been pretty hard to get tangled up, though I suppose that will change with time. I've found that with longer leads (my new lead is 30 ft.), I always get the tangled up, real bad.

Anyway, do what you want. But old colied leads used to be "bad" compared to today's cables, because they rolled off the treble. But things have changed and you can get practically anything you want nowadays, so do whatever pleases you.

I say go with the blue lead, it looks nicer.
Last edited by ze monsta at May 25, 2008,
So will the deliberate treble loss sound "good"? I can't see that it would...
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID