Hey, I am going to be buying a new electric in the next couple of months but i need to know - are Danelectro guitars any good? I am thinking about buying a '59 Danelectro, the same sort as Syd Barrett played on some early Pink Floyd songs. Plz help me!!!!
what kind of music do you play?

thrash metal on that hollowbody would just limp out
giggidy-gigidy-giggidy-giggidy

stage setup:
heavily modded yamaha
modded strat
fernandes- no name

carvin 100 head through marshall cab
DanElectros are built for Surf and early rock and roll. Very good affordable guitars.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
i hear they're twangyer than teles too on the count of their aluminum nut. i really wanna get my hands on one too!
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
They are excellent for slide and blues. And people will try to put you off by saying they're plywood. But it's actually a special ply specifically for tone. They have pretty decent sustain, and overall I just think they look really cool.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
besides peoples reservations about the wood they are made out of, they are pretty awesome guitars. i had one for a while and used it for bluesy rock n roll through a bad monkey with the gain all the way up into a raven amp and it did really good. there wasn't any howling like people talk about alot
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
They're awesome guitars. You can say what you like about the wood they're made out of, but you can't argue with the awesome tone you get out of them.

You see so many people who could afford any guitar in the world playing them too, so that's testament to them I saw Beck using them not long ago too for slide and whatnot. Not to mention legendary user Jimmy Page.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay