Im thinking of throwing some new pickups in my MIM strat. Im trying to decide between rockmonkey and bareknuckle. Any thoughts?
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
I gotta put in a good word for RockMonkey pups, I put some new single coils in my MIM strat, and it sounds a thousand times better now. Never had any experience with bareknuckles however, so I can't really compare.
Quote by Ultraturtle0
I gotta put in a good word for RockMonkey pups, I put some new single coils in my MIM strat, and it sounds a thousand times better now. Never had any experience with bareknuckles however, so I can't really compare.
+1

I have his Warm Gorilla Fist in the bridge and the Smooth Groove Custom Extra Warm in the middle and i'm going to get a '62 for the neck, and they sound fantastic. Really really great sounding pickups at a far better value than BKP.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ta mate
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
email tim at bareknuckle and see what he recommends. But bareknuckles are in a class of there own
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
what email the guy to ask which pickups i should buy, his or a competitors?
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
^what?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
^what?

In response to the guy suggesting I email tim at bareknuckle
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Well, yeah, I highly recommend you go on their site/forum and just talk to the people there--ask for suggestions, etc. Really nice guys there, and Tom's also very friendly--I think you'll like him.

He only wants his customers to be happy, so he'll give you the best pickup for what you're looking for.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^ I'd be surprised if Tom was friendlier than Chris at Rockmonkey, he's got the most exceptionally best service ever.

He'll even take your pickup back and rewind it for you if it's not to taste. I can really vouch for the guy.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Is Rockmonkey Pickups the company that's being run by CourdroyEW? Or was that something else..
Yeah thats the one
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
I really don't know... bareknuckles are really nice pickups... corduroy's are meant to be really great too, but i haven't tried them yet. I doubt you'd go too far wrong with either to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?