People that upload music think they're doing something good, but sometimes they aren't.

There are a lot bands that ask people not to copy their material, yet there are people that for some reason upload that material for people to download. For me, that's a disrespectful attitude towards the band, just respect their desicion to not want their music to be free.

Uploading is far worst than downloading. I do upload sometimes, but just in cases I considerate better than not uploading.

That's just my opinion.
Quote by frusciante.ve

Uploading is far worst than downloading. I do upload sometimes, but just in cases I considerate better than not uploading.

That's just my opinion.

Why?
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Has this thread got a point other than allowing you to communicate your opinion?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
That's true. You didn't ask for a response, or even thoughts. So all I have to say then, is

ok.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
downloading is just as bad as uploading because without the download, nothing has been lost.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by frusciante.ve
of course, it's not hard to figure that out

this to me?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by frusciante.ve
People that upload music think they're doing something good, but sometimes they aren't.

There are a lot bands that ask people not to copy their material, yet there are people that for some reason upload that material for people to download. For me, that's a disrespectful attitude towards the band, just respect their desicion to not want their music to be free.

That's just my opinion.

we are talking about bands here right?

cause for a moment i thought you had bands and jesus confused....

jus saying
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
If I band ever came out with a statement saying not to upload/download their music, I wouldn't. Most bands are fine with people uploading and downloading their music.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
this is both confusing AND arousing
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
As an uploader I think it's important that I discuss my view point here. It's about time that we establish that illegal distribution of copyrighted material has been around for centuries, and it's here to stay. You can't just get rid of it, If I don't upload it, then someone else will. As simple as that. Bands make very little money out of CD sales, and If someone wants to download an album, then decides they'd like to see the band live or buy a tshirt, then the band earns way more than they would through an album sale. I have around 40 of the latest video games seeding right now through a rented server. Sure it's corrupt, but hey, so is the government, and they control our lives.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Welp. That's about 2 minutes of life I'm not getting back.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by frusciante.ve

That's just my opinion.

Is that it? Or do you wish to tell us more of your views.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by frusciante.ve
but why do you upload, do you think what ure doing is "good"?

to allow people to expand their musical horizons and hear music that they just wouldn't be able to do in regular circumstances.

do you really think I could have heard an album from the early 90s (when I was under 5 years old) that was quite rare in it's day and is now out of print other than by downloading it off somebody who was kind enough to download it?

buying it used doesn't give any money to the artist and as it's out of print I can't buy it new. Even if buying it used did give money to the artist, would I be willing to risk my money on an album by an artist that I've never heard of before?

How did you find out about your favourite bands? word of mouth recommendation? hearing a song on the radio? saw them at a gig? that limits your musical horizons by a huge amount.

what about people for whom it's impractical to get to a record store, like those who live in the countryside or in remote regions?

Or you could just disagree with the way the music industry is run and are making an effort to bring the industry down so that a new method of distribution is created taking control away from corporations and putting it into the hands of the artist and fan.

I'm not an uploader btw I can just understand where they come from

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
yeah, I think it's good in the case you stated (a rare album from early 90), but would be wrong in the case a band releases a new album and they ask people not to copy their material, for example.
what about those for who it's unreasonable to go to a store to buy the music?

It's got to the point where location isn't a factor for information but it's still a factor for physical items. But with technology the physical item for music (the CD) isn't required anymore so you're not restricted by where you live. but you still need it to be online in order to get it whether that be itunes or through a torrent site etc.

usually bands do release through itunes but still some bands refuse to do so.

And I still think that the disagreeing with the industry structure is an argument that needs to be considered. Morals are subjective and uploading albums could be a persons way of rebelling and showing their point of view.

Quote by element4433