ive been trying to concentrate on getting really good at this but im having trouble.. my pick stroke is DUD DUD DUD DUD and it sounds nice but sometimes i miss the 2nd D stroke and its very frustrating because ive been working on this for some time... ive tried doing DUD UDU DUD UDU and i feel that i will make less mistakes like that but it feels sorta awkward. so any advice to this? does the pick have to be in a sort of position to make it easier?

thank you for the help
Maybe strum with the very tip of your pick, and use your wrist, not your arm. Anchor your arm, and strum with your wrist.
Sounds like your hand may not be anchored properly.
You might want to pay close attention to whether or not your hand is moving around on the guitar.
Another thing that may be useful is to play it very slowly, analyze your technique and then start bringing up the speed a little at a time.
A metronome is an invaluable tool for learning fast/complicated rhythms.
Quote by qotsa1998
Maybe strum with the very tip of your pick, and use your wrist, not your arm. Anchor your arm, and strum with your wrist.

Thats not necsasary at all. But you are right about picking with your wrist. Wrist is alot better with precise movements than your arms.
k yeah i do that pure wrist and tip of the pick.., do you think it matters what pattern i choose?
hmm sounds interesting, im not going to make another topic but are there any other videos that are worth checking out? particulary in technique and such?
i had trouble like this when i first starting galloping. it just took time to get consistency.

i use DUD DUD DUD. try other methods but i say just slow it down and be more conscious of what you're doing. then raise yonder tempo up yo.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
DUD DUD DUD for me. Feels pretty natural for me, which probably means it's not very efficient.