So basically, here's the set-up:

Me, doing lead vocals and guitar (decent vocal range...bout 3 and a half octaves, and a competent guitarist).
Oli - Drummer taking a course in college.
Tim - Bass guitarist, playing a while but little onstage experience.

Although first practice we have played with each other in some way, shape or form before.

We're a three-piece, so it's gonna be quite a challenge to fill out noise in the way larger bands do. Our set-list we've got pinned up so far:

The Killers - Mr. Brightside
Muse - Plug In Baby
The Raconteurs - Salute Your Solution
One Republic - Stop And Stare
Brandi Carlile - The Story
Pendulum - Propane Nightmares (with me on keys)

Obviously it's not everyone's cup of tea, but the reason we're doing this kinda stuff is a) because (hopefulyy) everyone knows of the song and b) We want to emphasise musical tightness in a band. Individual intricacy is great and all, but being a tight band is far better, and more productive.

Comments and suggestions anyone?

Obviously we'll extend the entire setlist to aout 22 songs within a few months.
Are you absolutely sure your can sing 3 and a half for a vocal range? Fredy Mercury can sing 2 1/2. The average vocal range is 1 - 1 1/2. Are you absolutely sure?!
Yeup 3 and a halfer...can sing bass up to medium falsetto (hence why plug-in-baby is on there...wouldn't do it if I wasn't comfortable)

And i thought freddie mercury had 3 - 4 octave? could be mistaken.
Freddie Mercury possessed a very distinctive voice; he had a recorded range of four octaves (not including falsetto, in which he possessed a further four)

there ya go
Quote by Rock God #1
There we go then....the case on Mr Mercury can now be closed I think.

ok honorable judge