Hey guys,

Anyone know of a UK online store that stocks Schecter guitars? Soundcontrol are going down the crapper basically and all the european ones are crazy expensive.. Thomann for example is like £750 for a C-1 Hellraiser :/ That's like $1500.

If there isn't one, anyone have any news on when there will be one?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Holy crap! $1500 for a Hellraiser?! I could buy one and ship it to you and it wouldn't be that expensive.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
Whoops seems I exaggerated a little, it costs around £600 which is about $1200. Apparently it retails at 900Euros which, I would guess, is about $1600... It really is gay how European dealers do things.

They look at the prices that the US set, say $800 for a Hellraiser, knock perhaps 100 off, and change the currency.. without even considering exchange rate.
Thats fooked up. Buy it offline. I now how it feels to crave the raw tone of a schecter.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
Well that's the thing, I've been searching through guitar shops that are local on their websites (since I can't drive yet, otherwise I'd be going to any and all guitar shops in the area) and none of them stock any Schecters. The only one that does is Soundcontrol, and even then they don't have the hellraiser in, and they have stores all over the country, so it's a bit of a lose-lose situation.
if it's such bad value why not look into something else? that's what i always do...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Adam144
Whoops seems I exaggerated a little, it costs around £600 which is about $1200. Apparently it retails at 900Euros which, I would guess, is about $1600... It really is gay how European dealers do things.

They look at the prices that the US set, say $800 for a Hellraiser, knock perhaps 100 off, and change the currency.. without even considering exchange rate.

That's got nothing to do with it - the prices are dependent on whatever the manufacturer charges which is going to be higher in countries where demand is lower.

Economics 101

and don't use "gay" as an insult.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The only one I know of is GuitarGutiar in Glasgow, only place I found on the Schecter website that deals in the UK
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I've been browsing on ebay and putting in Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR came up with 4 results.. all of which were in America. One in particular caught my eye, it was like £400 with £30 shipping, it was one of the new models with 81/89tw pickups and was brand new..

I am really upset that I don't have £430 right now as I have a feeling this'll get snatched up pretty soon :/

Even though it would take about 4 weeks to get here..
^ don't forget customs.

Quote by steven seagull
That's got nothing to do with it - the prices are dependent on whatever the manufacturer charges which is going to be higher in countries where demand is lower.

Economics 101

and don't use "gay" as an insult.

also they charge what they can get away with...

not to mention, i thought if demand was lower, the prices dropped?

i guess it can work either way... the more they sell, the lower profit margin they can afford on each... but at the same time, they also may try to increase the prices.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Washburn, it's like a Schecter in styling but much cheaper and IMO better quality
agreed. at least based on any i've tried. it's one of the few non-UK/Europe brands which are actually good value here.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Guitars are a niche market - if you play the guitar then you need to buy a guitar. The market is limited, but also reliable - there's always going to be people who want guitars and there's a small number of suppliers. That means anyone who imports guitars pretty much guaranteed to sell a decent percentage of them simply due to the limited supply, therefore you can get away with charging what you want.

In America there's a much higher demand for guitars, a much more established distribution and retail network and, crucially, a massive used market. That means that new guitars need to be somewhat cheaper but also the huge numbers sold means that they can afford to make less money on them anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

that's true as well, i guess.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's true as well, i guess.

y'know, I really need to spend more time outside...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i still say we get royally gipped for 90% of everything we buy here in the UK...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
We really do get BS'ed quite a lot.. and we can't even get by that by ordering from overseas, we still have to pay import :/
the dollar is very weak atm thats why it seem so cheap in america compared to europe
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard