I changed the strings on my Schecter for the first time yesterday, (first time ever changing strings), and after a few hours or work I finally got it. I am not sure what size strings they came with stock, but I switched them to 10-52's. After I got it tuned up, I noticed that if I hammeron on my Low E, A, and D strings, I will get a buzz kind of sound from the string hitting the fret.

Now when I had my old strings on, I never noticed the noise, and its pretty noticable now so I doubt i didn't just not hear it. Also Schecters come set up when you purchase them, so how can I fix this problem?
Your bridge could be too low! Play somewhere near the 12ish fret and look to see if the string is touching the really high frets (like the 22-24 area)
Tough men wear pink, Gay men say tough men wear pink
You may of accidently lowered the saddles on the bridge without realsing it. You may have turned one of the thumb wheels (if its a TOM) which is quite easy to do.
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
do you notice if your strings are closer to the fingerboard now then before you changed your strings? if so you need to raise the action (string height from the fingerboard).

if you have a friend around that knows alil more about guitar then you have them do it and show you how. (doing anything to your guitar for the first time seems daunting. its no biggie though, you woulnt break anything) just have that friend show you the ropes. and if you dont have a firend that plays guitar go to your teacher, if you dont have one of those go see a tech.

if its just the action (ask the tech if its just the action) then you can watch a few youtube videos and DIY if you dont want to pay the tech.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Actually I think the strings are higher than they were before. and I am pretty sure its a basic problem, because it has nothing to do with the sound its producing like the string touching higher frets, its just when I hammeron, it will cause a buzz noise from the string hitting the fret.
yeah you prob moved the bridge with out noticing, or you had .9-.42's to start on the guitar. because sometimes when you go up string size the bridge gets funny on ya. take it to a tech and they will prob fix for free.
Quote by Jeremy Clark
Actually I think the strings are higher than they were before. and I am pretty sure its a basic problem, because it has nothing to do with the sound its producing like the string touching higher frets, its just when I hammeron, it will cause a buzz noise from the string hitting the fret.

So the action is higher, but you get fret buzz?
Check the neck's curve, if you install thicker strings, the neck tends to bend a bit. Use the trussrod to correct this.
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
Quote by ZC3rr0r
So the action is higher, but you get fret buzz?
Check the neck's curve, if you install thicker strings, the neck tends to bend a bit. Use the trussrod to correct this.

NO. God I hate this myth. You simply need to raise the action slightly as they will sit just a bit lower on the guitar. Strings don't instantly do anything to your truss. Often, new unstretched strings will buzz.
Quote by CJRocker
NO. God I hate this myth. You simply need to raise the action slightly as they will sit just a bit lower on the guitar. Strings don't instantly do anything to your truss. Often, new unstretched strings will buzz.

And yes, unstretched strings have slightly different characteristics from stretched ones, true.

So for added accuracy: If this problem persists, check your neck.

And for the record: I changed from .09 to a .11 set once, and there is no amount of waiting that'll fix the fact that the neck slightly bent due to the increased tension.
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20