every time i play guitar for more than 10 minutes my back ****in HURTS!!!

theres a really sore muscle on my shoulder blade kinda, and i think its because i started playing with the guitar between my legs resting on my left leg.

it doesnt hurt THAT bad when i play with it resting on my right leg (im a righty btw)
but its sooo much more comfortable and i play much better when its between my legs resting on my left leg.

but when i play guitar for more than 5-10 mins. its really really painful, and it doesnt stop hurting right away it takes a good 5-10 mins. for it to stop hurting.

does anyone have any idea what could be going on? i seriously cant take only being able to play for like a half hour a day, its drivin me nuts!!
Its to do with the way your body has to twist a little to play sitting down, guitar is meant to be played standing up really, try that
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Pain is your body's way of saying something's wrong. If it's much more comfortable to play while leaning on your right leg, do it that way. Your playing will suffer but you can get used to that and overcome it.
Oh yeah that hapened to me put your strap higher or is it lower?

just adjuct your strap or if your playing re adjuct your back every 5 mins.

Hoep it all works out .
Quote by vigenharutyunya
umm than start playing with guitar on yr right leg.. it's more ROCK-ish... as well as holding the neck with the thumb from the top

Nope, threadstarter, maintain the "classical position" (guitar on the left knee, raised, headstock high). It's better, for reasons I can't remember

But the guitar is easier to play standing up for some reasons, though I'd never dream playing classical pieces standing.

Make sure you don't slouch either.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Last edited by Pure_Morning at May 25, 2008,
Quote by Pure_Morning
Nope, threadstarter, maintain the "classical position" (guitar on the left knee, raised, headstock high). It's better, for reasons I can't remember

But the guitar is easier to play standing up for some reasons, though I'd never dream playing classical pieces standing.

yeah i like it way better. i dont slouch because my spine hurts when i do that, so i know im slouching if my spine starts hurting

do you think its a muscle that doesnt usually get a work out and now that im playing guitar like that its getting worked too hard?
Quote by Kirk_Hammett000
Oh yeah that hapened to me put your strap higher or is it lower?

just adjuct your strap or if your playing re adjuct your back every 5 mins.

Hoep it all works out .

lol, i have my strap super high, like NERDY high
happened to me too, you just have a heavy guitar you get used to it
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by codyshredfoo
lol, i have my strap super high, like NERDY high

Lowering it will make it feel much lighter, seriously.

Either that, or just get used to the weight. I had the same problems with playing my Les Paul high, I just had to ignore my back during live sets
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by bi-ah!
happened to me too, you just have a heavy guitar you get used to it

thats not it. ive been going to guitar center almost every day for the past week, and ive been sitting down so the weight isnt going on my shoulder
doctor
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
play the way it's comfortable? you dont have to look a certain way to play. and you may be raising your left shoulder unconsciously if your left shoulder hurts, i used to do it. if it hurts, try something else. if you've tried everything, you have something neither duct tape nor anyone of us could fix, only doctors. either go there, figure out you're playing differently, or something.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
no its my right shoulder, my picking hand.

and im not trying to look a certain way, when i started playing guitar like that it was WAY more comfortable than playing with the guitar sitting on my right leg.
and its still more comfortable...for like 5 minutes
stand up straight...if you're sitting, sit up straight.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com