Ok so i'm looking at buying a new amp (crate 15w is the biggest piece of **** ever) and a mfx pedal. My price range is 300-350 USD. I'm fairly set on buying the Boss ME-20 pedal. I want a good amp that doesn't blow, and it doesnt need any FX, because that's why I'm getting the pedal.
Suggestions?

edit: I've been thinkign about the Peavey Rage 258, and the Line 6 Spider III 15w, but im open to anything
Last edited by gnrliesmanlies at May 25, 2008,
No idea on amps, but do you really want or need a multieffects? Are you just looking for OD/DS sounds and maybe some chorus/delay effects?

If that's the case, just buy separate pedals. Otherwise your paying out for something that may do the job, but not very well, and have a lot of waste fx you'll never use.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Quote by Pure_Morning
No idea on amps, but do you really want or need a multieffects? Are you just looking for OD/DS sounds and maybe some chorus/delay effects?

If that's the case, just buy separate pedals. Otherwise your paying out for something that may do the job, but not very well, and have a lot of waste fx you'll never use.

I'm getting the MFX mainly to mess around with a lot of different FX other than distortion, and i want some wah, OD, DO, flanger, and delay and i dont have cash to buy individual pedals.
Peavey Rage 258, and the Line 6 Spider III 15w

if you want your MFX to sound better, buy a small tube combo (5w) to run it through.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
if you want your MFX to sound better, buy a small tube combo (5w) to run it through.

like what?
do you have an example of a model or anything
how much are you willing to spend on an amp? & what do you play?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
I play alot of metal and some classic rock but my price range is about 150 for an amp
should i go for a used one?
spiders dont take pedals well. look at an epiphone valve junior, crate blackhearts, peavey royal 8
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
spiders dont take pedals well. look at an epiphone valve junior, crate blackhearts, peavey royal 8

yeah, i was going to suggest the same things. these are the only tube amps that you can use for your style of music in the price range.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
you need a head, hell i (a) need head too...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Last edited by ugmung at May 25, 2008,