With this, I'll definitely take the award for most original thread....

In two weeks time I'll be hitting the big 18, and Im looking to get some new gear, namely an amp. As Im poor, somewhere around £200-300 is my price limit.

Im currently using my Dad's Marshall JTM 30, and im playing a Gibson SG special. Im also into Classic Rock... Looks like Im living the cliche

Cheers in Advance
Classic Rock you say?

Peavey classic 30 ftw!

Unless you want something that can play more than just classic rock, in which case, Im gonna reccomend the usual. B-52 AT-112. Its amazing.

SO basically, for JUST classic rock, get the peavey. For the same great sound plus fantastic versatility, get the B-52.
Last edited by Pyrofretnic at May 25, 2008,
+1 to the classic 30 but that'll cost alot in england.

look into laney
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Ive got my BOSS ME-20 for effects, so its a bit more versatile... the peavey i can find for £385, which seems like a lot, anything reasonalbe by Marshall in that price range?
i hate marshall amps, alot. the laney mentioned above is rad as hell, totally perfect for any style. try the older peavey amps on ebay or something (triumph, ultra 60, classic tube series, etc.) anything tube from peavey in the past is pretty good, especially if you change tubes/speakers.
Quote by beckyjc
Laney VC30

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?