I own about 4 pedals, 3 is Boss Metalzone, Chorus, Delay, and the other is the Jimi Hendrix wah pedal.

Now, the question I suppose I wanted to ask is should I continue to buy individual pedals or one of those "Multi-Effects" pedals?

I plan to start doing live shows and I don't know if either or Multi or individual pedals would really affect that decision besides weight which isn't a problem for me. I don't do anything heavy but that's what I have the metalzone for if I actually need it.

So should I buy a powered pedal board for individual ones? Or should I buy a multi-effects one? I'm willing to spend 250 to 300 on either or.

Any advice possible suggestions and links?

Thank you in advance.
Well individual pedals are going to be more expensive but will bring much better results in terms of sound and tone.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Sell your existing pedals and either get
boss gt-10
or
A decent OD, Wah and Delay

But this all depends on what amp your using...
they both have pro's and cons.

pedals:
pro-quality fx, versital, ect.
con-more goin on in the chain, takes up space, costs more,ect.

multi:
pro-saves space, a lot of fx, programable banks,ect.
con-limited in the fx somewhat, most are digital,ect.

id go with more pedals, seeing as you already have 4 why let them go to waste.
Quote by AthenasGhost
Well individual pedals are going to be more expensive but will bring much better results in terms of sound and tone.

Even for Tremollo and Reverb as well?
umm actually other effects ya'll need are flanger octave, whammy, and phaser, and so...

these effects are good in processors as well as single pedals...
+if yall get a MFX with an expression pedal ya'll be able to control the depth, secuense, wet/dry and so...

umm actaulyl i would go for a MFX.. get theDigiTech's RP 250 or 350 or even 500...
despite how some effects kinda sound the same like chorus and reverb, but just for the fact u can use them in different combos, i vote pedal board.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by turbulenced
Sell your existing pedals and either get
boss gt-10
or
A decent OD, Wah and Delay

But this all depends on what amp your using...

...1970 Ampeg Tube and a Fender Frontman

My guitar is a Fender Tele.
Quote by turbulenced
Then i'd go for some really nice single pedals.

Well I was debating investing in maybe a larger amp sometime later. It's a halfstack Ampeg, and it's tubes so it's literally a pain in the ass to haul.

Since it's so old, I'm scared of the handles breaking when I'm carrying it.

I'll have to look more into individual pedals. I thought about maybe mixing them multi and individual. Because I've wanted a Big Muff to experiment with that for a while.
What I use is a Korg Ax3000g (which i love), through the effects loop for the effects pedal i run a line6 delay pedal and a OD. I used the 4 cable method to put the effects into the effect loop of my amp, so i use both. But always try and use your amps distortion because it sounds so much better.
Quote by turbulenced
What I use is a Korg Ax3000g (which i love), through the effects loop for the effects pedal i run a line6 delay pedal and a OD. I used the 4 cable method to put the effects into the effect loop of my amp, so i use both. But always try and use your amps distortion because it sounds so much better.

So you don't have any trouble running the effects processor with individual pedals?
Quote by RoyceGlas
So you don't have any trouble running the effects processor with individual pedals?

nah it's great, its very easy to go from
a reverb (M), Chorus (M)
to
A Distortion (S) and Delay (S)

by pressing one botton, but make sure the multi effects you get has an effects loop, or else it wouldn't work.
Digitech RP500

It's a really nice Multi-effects. I Used to use an RP-80, but this is so much better=]
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
lol metal zone
but yeah you should get singles

multi-effects usually are real cheap low-grade versions of the real deal and usually don't have the full editing features as knobs do on singles.
Quote by Kai07
Digitech RP500

It's a really nice Multi-effects. I Used to use an RP-80, but this is so much better=]

do NOT go by what this guy says.

The RP's suck period.

just what I was saying in my last post.. like the wah pedal is like a half-wah, not full range.. overall it sucks and lol it's plastic.
Quote by TechnicolorType
do NOT go by what this guy says.

The RP's suck period.

just what I was saying in my last post.. like the wah pedal is like a half-wah, not full range.. overall it sucks and lol it's plastic.

The RP500 is metal cased dude. I've played it in the guitar shop. And its much better than the other RP series.

An I think I'm at least respected enough to give advice
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
doesn't seem like they'd be much different, since you compared it to an RP80 it still sounded like you were saying it was decent when the lower RPs I know for a fact suck.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
despite how some effects kinda sound the same like chorus and reverb, but just for the fact u can use them in different combos, i vote pedal board.

are you kidding? reverb and chorus are completely different.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by TechnicolorType
doesn't seem like they'd be much different, since you compared it to an RP80 it still sounded like you were saying it was decent when the lower RPs I know for a fact suck.

I compared it to the RP-80 because of the shear differences between them.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
yeah, the rp80 is garbage imo..
I mean it's ok for the price.. I'm just judgemental about multi-effects as since I have never heard a truley nice one.

I'm sure the big high tech one is better but still..
GT-10 is amazing. While that is out of your price range, GT-8's can be had for $200 now and they will do the job too. I'd say get a GT-8, wait until you can afford a GT-10 (or the price drops), sell the GT-8 then get the 10.
Samick SPG650FF SBS Electric
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
Quote by xwearesinking
are you kidding? reverb and chorus are completely different.

I think he meant that most reverb pedals sound the same-ish

I dont think he meant that reverb sounds like chorus...

Heres my take on the pedalboard VS Multi.

I think it depends on what you want. I had an RP50 (crap i know) but I didnt really need or use all those effects. I also didnt like the programming of it very much.

I only use a couple effects, and since I do its easier and feels better (to me) to use single effects. Wah and OD are the ones I use the most by far. Most of my other pedals arent used for sound (aby pedal, tuner pedal, and my EQ pedal sits on my amp plugged into the FX loop)

SO a multi effects unit isnt very useful to me, however if you need/want all those different sounds or would end up getting alot of effect pedals then go for the Multi. but get a good quality one.