It sounds like the Peavey Classic 30 is a GREAT amp. I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, but it's too large for my space and too loud for my needs. I'm considering the Classic 30 instead. I liked the Black Tweed they show on various websites but they don't make it anymore. Which style do you guys like?...The Tweed, Black Vinyl of the Jack Daniels style?
Tweed all the way, unfortunately they were out when I bought mine so I had to get a black vinyl.

Anywho if you have a choice i'd definitely go with tweed.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Tweed>Black
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Tweed. Black is the too normal.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Tweed definitely is the coolest looking of the bunch.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I REALLY liked the Black (or Grey) Tweed, which they don't make anymore, but you're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, the Tweed (or Blonde Tweed) REALLY is a GREAT looking covering. Then, Tweed it is! THANKS for voting! Any others?
Last edited by Raydeeo at May 26, 2008,
Sorry for the noobish question, but does the covering (including those in front of the amp speakers) or what not have any affect on the sound? Just asking out of curiosity.
My New Gear!
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by xeodragon
Sorry for the noobish question, but does the covering (including those in front of the amp speakers) or what not have any affect on the sound? Just asking out of curiosity.

haha, no, the covering doesn't affect the sound at all
the grill cloth might affect the sound very slightly, but nothing i'd worry about.
hands down tweed... i wish my amp came in tweed *sigh*
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1
Quote by mcrfobtai
Didn't you want a tweed but they were out?
Maybe this was someone else...

that was me

I ordered a tweed in, cuz they PWN black ones
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
lol its all good, by the way its dan, not dany, yellenik's my last name :p

and i'm waiting 3 weeks to get my tweed, when i could have gotten a black one that day
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I don't see how you could order a Peavey CLASSIC 30 and not get it in tweed.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by danyellenik
lol its all good, by the way its dan, not dany, yellenik's my last name :p

and i'm waiting 3 weeks to get my tweed, when i could have gotten a black one that day

Ah, sorry. I do remember your story now. Didn't you get the new tweed cheaper than the used black or something?
Quote by mcrfobtai
Ah, sorry. I do remember your story now. Didn't you get the new tweed cheaper than the used black or something?

yeah because when the music store ordered the black one, the canadian dollar was worth a lot less than the american, but now they're at par almost so to order a new amp costs less
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Love the tweed. I'm so sick of black I'd take pink paisley over black.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Nice. Congrats, then. You will LOVE it, it is such a nice, versitile amp

i fell in love at the store gotta wait till friggen sept 6 though! the day of my sisters wedding... I think I'll just stay home and play my new amp
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Congrats, new amp and unloaded a sister. That's an epic day.

Tweed, dark blue. They're out there, just look.
Quote by gregs1020
Congrats, new amp and unloaded a sister. That's an epic day.

Tweed, dark blue. They're out there, just look.

haha my guitar teacher's playing the after party, so I might talk to hm and see if i can play a song or two on stage with my new amp that would be sweet, just go out into a solo for like 20 minutes just improving
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
haha my guitar teacher's playing the after party, so I might talk to hm and see if i can play a song or two on stage with my new amp that would be sweet, just go out into a solo for like 20 minutes just improving

Play "Why can't this be love" by Eddie and the boys, why not? They'll be too busy taking pictures with Aunt Nessie to notice.
I just bought the peavey classic 30 in tweed Well i did pay a little more, but it was worth it! I cant wait till it comes!
the tweed looks gorgeous, but I have black. Color of the amp doesn't bother me though. Me likey the tone!

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by Jestersage
Tweed. Black is the too normal.

+1

unless you just happen to hate the look of tweed, you might as well go with tweed considering most other amps force you to go with black...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?