Ok my first proper recording done by myself, it's the track "You" from Radiohead's first album "Pablo Honey", yes yes i know they have a million better songs but this one i've always loved and decided to cover it, I'm not very confident about my voice though and it really annoys me how it sounds, so any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated on how to improve.

The song is on my profile!

I will comment on your songs too if you give some CC here!
thats awesome!

perhaps go a little easier on the chorus/phaser/flanger but otherwise spot on!

are you spanish? cuz thats even better for a non english speaker 0_o either way your voice is fine, it'll get even better with practise too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
a little too heavy on the effects, but otherwise great
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
wow, that was great. it was a good take on the original, it was a bit more ambient with the amount of effects you used. but how i'm taking it, being heavy on the effects worked for ya.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Thanks for the very kind replies!
Yes it is a bit effect heavy, Im still working on getting some good tones onto the PC, so for this one i resorted to spacey effects to compensate the crapness of my actual tone! Recording my guitar is frustrating me so much! :O
Quote by Jestah
Thanks for the very kind replies!
Yes it is a bit effect heavy, Im still working on getting some good tones onto the PC, so for this one i resorted to spacey effects to compensate the crapness of my actual tone! Recording my guitar is frustrating me so much! :O

Bla bla bla. Lol just kidding.

Verrry good. Make more. Or I'll karate chop-suey your limbs. :s
"You" is my second favorite song off of Pablo Honey, and one of my favorite Radiohead songs.

I love how you made your cover unique. Keep up the good work.

First off, let me say that you have a pretty good voice. I like your timbre.

As for advice: The biggest bit I can recommend is try to be more confident when you sing. Singing is all about confidence, and if you don't feel confident about your voice, then you wont be able to sing to your full ability. At the same time, it is still good to be critical -- it helps you improve. You have to find a balance between the two.

For specifics--and I sound like a hypocrite because I'm still working on a lot, but... try to work on vibrato. I can't really think of anything else major to mention. How long have you been singing?

btw, thanks for checking out my cover.
Thanks a lot for the advice!
Well I don't take any lessons and i only just recently started becoming confident enough to sing along with my playing but i still get a bit embarassed when people are around and i tend to not practice much in case people hear me, unless they are singing too, so yes i need to work on that confidence thing hehe, I don't take any lessons though and Id love to once i move to England at the moment i cant find any english singing teachers so Im just learning by myself! Thanks again for the advice I'll definately work on it!
hey man, sorry for the late critique, i've been busy in the recording studios losing my vocal tracks and having hardware issues... **** i hate computres.

anywho... :P great cover of the song. i love the clean-ness of the guitars. like everyone else has said, the modulation effect (flanger?) is a bit too drastic and needs to be eased off.

vocally i'd recommend adding a bit more reverb to it to give a bit more depth to it. pitch wise you're doing fairly well. pitch wise its pretty good, tonality wise I believe you can work more and get a very rich tone coming out. at the moment i can hear it, but needs a bit more work to get the full potential.

I also am in the same boat as you in regards to my singing confidence and stuff. everyone tends to be more harsh on themselves because they expect more, just understand that obviously the more you work on confidence, the better you will become.

in regards to Four Symbols saying for you to work on your vibrato... I disagree. I say work more on the tone of your voice. raise your cheeks as if you were smiling... if you can feel where your cheeks are when you laugh, thats where they need to be when singing. you will hear and feel the difference.

overall, good stuff
I love this song too and i was pretty impressed with your singing and your playing, though i did notice that you left out the big vocal climax.. but thats really hard to hit, i don't blame you. other than that though, its a pretty great cover.
hehe yeah i decided not to make myself look like an idiot :P maybe in the future when im good enough to do it