I'm getting pretty good with transcribing, and with the summer comming up, I'll have lots of time on my hands and the thing I've always wanted to have is a singing voice. Not necessarily like a way good opera voice or anything but hey sky's the limit right ?

My question would be is it possible to develop a singing voice or do you have to be born with one. I realize that pretty much every singer ever got better through practicing (just like with anything else) but there seem to be people who are born with good vocals and some that are not. I seem to be on the "can't really sing side myself".

So help me out here. If theres at least a little hope I'll work my ass off to get it.

Cheers.
I'm currently getting vocal lessons from my girlfriend, she's a vocalist, and she's teaching me. I had such a low singing voice, now I can sing slightly higher, and when you practice you get even better.

Just do scales going, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. When you think you're good enough, go to 6, 7 and 8.

It helps. =].

You're not born with a singing voice, you create it.
try singing lessons but if u mean like for a band then just go for,that's what the ramones and sex pistols did
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

LETS HEADBANG TO METAL!

If you give a mouse a cookie,satan will get angry
of course you can have a good voice
i think people who don't have a good voice will not become the best singers of the world but with enough exercise everyone can sing quite well.
There are some vocal lessons on ug

you just have to practice

Ant do not smoke and drink hard stuff
Quote by UGROQFAN
try singing lessons but if u mean like for a band then just go for,that's what the ramones and sex pistols did

But neither of them bands are good, or can sing.
And on another note you can't really have a "good" singing voice. Some voices work good in some ways and not in others. Like a bass probably won't sound as good singing something like classic rock than a tenor would.
Quote by grimms
But neither of them bands are good, or can sing.

I'd be perfectly satisfied if i could sing like John Lydon
Quote by TechnicolorType
my singing voice sucks, I doubt anything could make it better.

same. i can hit notes just fine, my pitch is really quite good, my voice just sounds like ****. i dont think any lessons in the world will change that.
Find a style that you like and make it work for you.

A lot of singers aren't the best but their vocal style works for the music they make.

Bob Dylan
Jimi Hendrix

Even more modern singers like Trent Reznor and Kurt Cobain didn't have the greatest voices but I couldn't imagine the music they made working with anyone else's voice.
me too.

the worst part is when I hear my voice it sounds amazing, but the way other people hear me.. it's the complete opposite.

I was upset after I hear myself the way others do.. was a while back though.

=[