Page 1 of 2
So I just watched the movie, "Greenstreet Hooligans" and I was wondered if it gets that bad over there. You know with firms and all the violence and what not.

Keep in mind, I'm from a small town in west Texas so I have know idea if anything in the movie is even somewhat realistic. I guess I'm just curious....is soccer...sorry, I mean "football" really that serious over there?
That probably never happens, but it could. I don't know, some people can get pretty violent, others are just normal.
NOPE.
it happens, but i doubt to that extreme, but apparantly Greenstreet is based on a true story
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
hooliganism can get really bad.
look up the rangers' uefa cup final match aftermath.
just with the dick heads who go for a fight, that film exagerates a lot. But yeah a little is true i guess.
its a big deal and things like that could happen, but it never seems to
as charvel_man says, some people can be violent but most are normal

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
I live in that area, haha. And yeah, it is quite extreme at times.
I've been going the football regularly for over 10 years and have only witnessed 2 or 3 brawls so..........
Quote by ctb
hooliganism can get really bad.
look up the rangers' uefa cup final match aftermath.

Some of the town centres can be very violent and nasty places to be at on a Friday night when the clubs and pubs are emptying their heavily drunken and angry customers.

Also the inner-cities can be pretty violent if you get on the wrong side of people.
A lot of morons take it too seriously, but most people are sensible enough to understand that it's just a game.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
football is huge over here, it does get really bad in some ares. like its suicide 2 wear a celtic top in certain bars in glasgow. same with walking around newcastle in a sunderland top. granted it is the minority which causes the problems but sometimes thats all it takes.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
Sadly some people do take it that seriously.

Because people are idiots.
Yep.

I went away to a game last year and when we got outside teh pub there was at least 15 opposing fans waiting.

It kicked off.
And it was every bit as bad as you would have though.
Im not into that sorta thing but i was there and i saw it,I was involved.
Cant be helped in some cases.
Yeah it happens. Only at some clubs though.

I'm a west ham fan, i used to go regularly. Never saw it get that bad. Green St as a place is a ****hole though. They had to have 1000 police at our game vs Millwall as it threatened to kick off for weeks beforehand.

My mates dad used to be a part of the portsmouth firm. They used to be called the 619 group or something. Named after the train they got.

Oh and rangers (a glasgow side) trashed manchester after their UEFA cup defeat.

It exists but as a minority.
Well there's the Rangers/Celtic thing in Glasgow,

that used to get really bad, back when I gave a crap about soccer....

I dunno about nowadays however
Yeah it can get pretty violent on tense and bad days, but the majority of the time its just to watch football, only ****s go to football matches to fight the other fans, and what does that get you, broken bones lol, but yeah, it doesn't get violent alot, i would say Italy does though O.o
The chav problem varies, some districts are awful, but more cities have quite a small chav presence, and most aren't that violent, just threatening in groups.

It only gets to that level of violence rarely - football and drugs have quite a power to motivate them into headbutting each other constantly. But remember, Green Street is an American film, mimicking British underclass culture. If you want to watch a good chav film, Football Factory is far better.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Football is really serious over here. Especially in cities with big rivalries: London, Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle...

My family are all scousers (from Liverpool) and even my mum was in fights with away fans visiting Goodison Park back in the day.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
The UK has similar probs to the US.

there are always peeps who cant handle their drink and they pass out, or get violent...still you can't buy beer at football matches anymore...

but most of us are normal peeps with normal jobs...

no excuse me while I go and murder every1 in my village
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by SealCubMassacre
Some footage of football hooligans from my hometown of Burnley:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2BgLWs7hc

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=geTBVonAZpA&feature=related

--

It's calmed down a lot now but it used to be pretty bad. Someone got killed a while ago after getting stabbed outside a Burnley pub because he was wearing a different team's shirt.

things aren't always like that btw...

lol
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by sobrandnew2232
So I can it really depends on what area you live in that determines how bad it gets?

Well, you dont get it in the countryside thats for sure

It's mostly if you live in the inner-city, kinda like the US version of Ghettos: The Council Estates and surrounding areas were fairly poor people live and crime levels are mixed.
Quote by Moggan13
Some of the town centres can be very violent and nasty places to be at on a Friday night when the clubs and pubs are emptying their heavily drunken and angry customers.

Also the inner-cities can be pretty violent if you get on the wrong side of people.

lolengland
I think football over here is taken far too seriously by some people - it annoys the hell out of me tbh! There definitely is organised violence (in fact a firm was discovered by an undercover reporter for a tv docu about a mile from where i live!), and now and again it spills over to the point where innocent supporters are hurt. But having said that the majority of matches are trouble free. I have a friend who is a big footie fan and he goes to alot of matches and I think he's told me of only one time he's actually felt scared.
Films of course sensationalise everything, but unfortunately it does exist
Very minimal amongst clubs of high callibre these days. Only major trouble i have seen in manchester was in the champions leage against roma. Majority of trouble is amongst lower leage clubs who have less police etc.
Trust in me and fall aswell.
the MINORITY of rangers fans after the uefa cup final where absolutely disgusting in their behaviour
some people just dont know how to be civilised

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
OHMMYGOD I saw that same film today.

And yes, sometimes it does get that violent.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
That kind of stuff happens all over the world.

I've never seen it that bad before really. Have you heard of Bradford Riots?

Im from Bradford but i didn't witness it at all. It was in 2001.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly
That kind of stuff happens all over the world.

I've never seen it that bad before really. Have you heard of Bradford Riots?

Im from Bradford but i didn't witness it at all. It was in 2001.

The Bradford Riots were more to do with racism than football hooligans.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by EMGs_rule
the MINORITY of rangers fans after the uefa cup final where absolutely disgusting in their behaviour
some people just dont know how to be civilised

You're right, some people don't. But bear in mind when 100,000 people are cramped in foreign bars and drinking all day a bad result will cause tensions to rise. Yes, it happened to be Rangers last week, and as a fan I do feel ashamed to be in the same side as those minority. But it has happened a hundred times before, and it will happen again to many different people regardless of what team they are supporting so i ask of you, please don't judge a team because of the minority of their fan's actions.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
You're right, some people don't. But bear in mind when 100,000 people are cramped in foreign bars and drinking all day a bad result will cause tensions to rise. Yes, it happened to be Rangers last week, and as a fan I do feel ashamed to be in the same side as those minority. But it has happened a hundred times before, and it will happen again to many different people regardless of what team they are supporting so i ask of you, please don't judge a team because of the minority of their fan's actions.

I don't think he was judging the team, he capitalised minority, after all.

Still, I don't see why people get violent about this sort of shit.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by PaRaDoX666
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F965rbxetrw&feature=related

As this shows, it can get quite bad...

Wonderful advertisement for your lovely people North of the Border. All because their bloody telly broke, I mean come on.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2