Which one please Vote!!!

I want more gain out of my Peavey Classic 30 but still have a warm tone.
I play Rock, Classic Rock, and Hard Rock.

EDIT: Poll didn't show

Maxon OD-9
MXR Zakk Wylde ZW-44
Maxon OD-88
Vintage 70's Ibanez tubescreamer
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Last edited by phip at May 25, 2008,
I don't see a poll.
Anyways, some kind of tubescreamer.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Tubescreamers aren't particularly warm sounding. They work better as a slight boost, with little gain of their own.

If you want an actual gain chanel pedal... look into for instance a modded Boss DS1 (stock is horrible I find, but eh you may like it, it's cheap too!), a Boss BD2...

Depends how much you're looking to spend. There are some VERY NICE Ods/distortions to be had upwards of 150 bucks, but below that it's mostly tube screamers...

EDIT: Just saw the choices.

These pedals are pretty much all 95% the same. The MXR is the thickest, warmest sounding of all though I believe.

BUT it's a tube screamer. It's not a gain pedal as much as a boost pedal. Be aware. I can't stand the tubescreamers' gain myself. Thin, nasal, too much high mids... meh.
Oh, check out the maxons.
Not sure how warm they are though.

^Huh, my TS is really warm sounding.
Well, it IS modded, so that probably helped.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
dude tubescreamers and tubescreamer copies are all the same basically except for slight differences. i'd throw out the wylde overdrive and just go to a guitar store and play all the different tubescreamers and pick the one that you like the best.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
dude tubescreamers and tubescreamer copies are all the same basically except for slight differences. i'd throw out the wylde overdrive and just go to a guitar store and play all the different tubescreamers and pick the one that you like the best.

Great advice.

The ZW-44 is a decent pedal, but it's not for you, TS. Try out some OD's at a shop; if you can't, get a Bad Monkey or a used Ibanez TS9, and at least you won't be out much cash if it's not your thing.