I've got a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Jaguar HH (with humbuckers) running through a ZVex Fuzz Factory and ZOOM G2.1U multieffect to a small practice marshall amp.
But I don't like my tone. I'm in a band with a keyboard/piano, bass, drums and female vocals. I'm the only guitarist and we gig regulary.

We play some kind of alternative rock, a bit like Incubus to Foo Fighters to Muse to Maroon 5, also we like some heavy riffage (not too metal) with heavy blues solo's.
Our own compositions are a little bit clean indie guitars to heavy alternative rock guitars with some strong distortions.
For example we got a piano song over which I play some distorted guitars, but it has to keep it's relaxed feel but more to the end I get a bit heavier but it keeps its' relaxed feel.

What I'm looking for is an amp (probably half stack) or (maybe) effect pedal which could give me the distortion (and maybe clean tone) I'm looking for.
I dont want a too heavy sound but I like it to make the listeners feel it, it could be a little heavy but it has to have tone and feel.
And need some nice clean sounds which has an atmospheric feel. I like the distortion to have an atmospheric feel also.

My zvex fuzz factory is nice for some riffs and some solo's but most times it's too heavy. The zoom is rubbish. And actually I need a complete new amplifier I could use with gigs. I don't like a too bluesy sound, a too metal sound or a too 'old' sound, I also don't want it Too trebly. Please help me with finding my tone!
Last edited by xsr1000 at May 25, 2008,
price range? sounds like you prolly want an american voiced amp. maybe a peavey classic. need price tho
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Wow, two nice guitars and a nice pedal, and an amp like that? Let's prioritize!

But yeah, a price range would help.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
aren't we all...

get something among the lines of a peavey classic 30 ( has that ac30 clean and drive to it) and use your fuzz factory to up the amp to heavy levels. should cost 600$ and be loud enough to gig without mics
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I really dont recommend a Peavey Classic for those sounds.. What is your price range?
^ why not ... indie= ac30 or fender 90% of the time... and alt rock isn't to far off... and if you need some thing heavier then the fuzz factory can go pretty crazy to make things heavier (but not tighter)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
WEll for the cleaner sounds yeah.. But i dont like its OD, ESPECIALLY for Muse songs. And imo it doesn't do Foo fighters too well either. Then again i am very picky..
Traynor YCV50 Blue - problem solved.

You don't need a half stack.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com