He doesn't pick his notes when he plays fast, therefore he can't REALLY play fast.

Can't play fast = Can't shred
Can't shred = Can't rock/jazz/metal guitar
Can't rock/jazz/metal guitar = Blues player or folk guitarist
Blues player or folk guitarist = not Joe Satriani

Therefore Joe Satriani can't play guitar.
Get out
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

I would love to flame you but I don't want to be warned.

..I'm so tempted!

...ARGH I WANT SOO SO BAD!
reported

please don't feed the troll ladies and gentlemen.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
blasphemy
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
Look up hammer ons/pull offs before you start giving lessons on guitar playing, mkay?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
oh god.

forget dropping on your head. did your parents throw u down a well or something?

Its called LEGATO. And shred isnt everything. Speed shows talent but Joe's technical abilities are unrivaled except at times by steve vai.

Speed is a sloppy players best friend, no one can hear your mistakes when your doing 15 nps
hahahahaha

idiot
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNAeELQ_Z8

I see his pick hand moving quite a bit.

the speed at which you play doesn't determine how well you play guitar. he is an awesome player even if i'm not a fan of his music, he can make the guitar do what he wants it to and that is what makes a great player.
your logic is fukked up. Satriani > you
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
btw if u you know anything about joe satriani you know hes not rock/metal

he cant be pidgeonholed, hes almost every genre. he even does r&b which is rare because of todays r&b is just Rhythm and no blues at all (hence R&B). Joe is a virtuoso
and you know something? Paul Gilbert wasn't in Mr. Big, I wrote ALL OF THEIR STUFF....and I wasn't even born...

<_<
how is this thread still open?
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
Theres this thing called legato you probably never heard of seeing you're such a tool. I'd like to see you play better/faster than Satch.
Quote by afrika18
He doesn't pick his notes when he plays fast, therefore he can't REALLY play fast.

Can't play fast = Can't shred
Can't shred = Can't rock/jazz/metal guitar
Can't rock/jazz/metal guitar = Blues player or folk guitarist
Blues player or folk guitarist = not Joe Satriani

Therefore Joe Satriani can't play guitar.

acually he raises a valid point, the dude cant play as well as everyone says he can...yeah he knows music theory and is bald with sunglasses...but is his stuff really that impressive? not really...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
i agree

with everyone else who is saying you are...........wrong? Hell, i don't even like Joe Satriani's music but he CAN play better than most all guitarists
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Bi-ah and TS are wrong. Just because you don't pick everything doesn't mean you can't play.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
@ TS: OK, you are the first person i met who deserves all of these:

Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I love how everyone is overreacting to an otherwise innocuous statement.

Simply because the TC presented his opinions in a way that seems to be trolling everyone hops on his back and goes crazy.

Anyway, Satch most definitely can pick.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Joe Satriani is a huge influence of mine, and guess what I felt when I read his statement?

Nothing, it didn't effect me one bit... so I say calm down with the rage on this guy and if you feel the need to reply to him, at least do it logically.
yea........seriously.......chill out little fishies, I love Satch and I think he's a brilliant guitarist. I posted it as a joke....for a laugh. I guess irony doesn't translate too well over the web, even when its as blatant as my original post.

I mean....Satriani = can't play guitar.........???? How can you NOT know that that is irony???
By this logic, I think one can rule out MAB as well since he uses legato alot too...hell, by this logic I could rule out just about every guitarist know to man.

Besides, not being able to shred equals not being able to play guitar?

Could someone please point out why LEGENDS such as B.B. King, Eric Clapton, and for crying out loud Jimmy Hendrix got that famous other than by PLAYING a guitar?

Seriously, you are entitled to your opinion, but I'd love to know how you came up with this idea...
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
Quote by afrika18
yea........seriously.......chill out little fishies, I love Satch and I think he's a brilliant guitarist. I posted it as a joke....for a laugh. I guess irony doesn't translate too well over the web, even when its as blatant as my original post.

I mean....Satriani = can't play guitar.........???? How can you NOT know that that is irony???

so you've just indicated that you posted this for no valid reason relating to electric guitar?

doesn't that make this spam?

*repor...

screw it, people should be able to come in and take this piss out of you.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by bi-ah!
acually he raises a valid point, the dude cant play as well as everyone says he can...yeah he knows music theory and is bald with sunglasses...but is his stuff really that impressive? not really...

Lol, I cant tell if your serious or not.
Please don't feed the troll.

As in, stop posting so that this falls down the pages.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.