Well, my band is planning on making an album, we have got, a guitar/bass-to-pc bridge, and a mic.

We need a means to record drumming now. What are some suggestions? Give me a few options if possible.

Preferably something under $100, we could probably go to about $150 or so at the very max.

This album is mostly just kinda for fun, we might sell it at school and stuff, but we don't really plan on making a profit, so give me multiple options, for different amounts of quality. Low quality, medium, high.

I know you need a mic, I just don't know how many, and what quality I need.

We want it to sound good, but it doesn't have to be 'professional'. Any suggestions?
Last edited by poopiedeloopie at May 25, 2008,
if you have a mic, id buy a interface like the m-audio one.

Set the mic up infront of your drum set and go.

Its not going to sound great but it will work. :\
heyheyhey Your not going to record trums for 100$. At you price range your better of with EZ Drummer.
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Behringer C2 sets, above the drum kit, and an Art Dual Pre. That's about $150 total. That's probably the most you can do, and be passable. I'd still go with drum plugins instead for any worthwhile sound.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Just hang the mic over the drum set and slightly forward of the kick drum. Aim it downwards a little bit so you can get a lot of snare.

Recording drums with one mic doesn't sound very good, but it works.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Yep, for that budget, you'd be better off using software , IMO.
There is poetry in despair.