First of al I must say I'm not an regullary English speakingperson so I may make mistakes.

First you must have a title for your song (what is it all about).

Then you must write a couple of songparts those together form your song.
for the first part and also second one it doesn't matter but there are words that make your song more meanningful and make it sound better.

Words ending with:
{sol, ra, fee, ord, em, mi, an, ell, oo, la}
or somthing like these could be very nice to use (starting with any of these words is of corce bad)

Words begining with:
{Fa, Ree, Ka, Kee, Na, Ti, Sha, Ma}
Could also be nice.

The line you are writing about is not always important. Sometims you talk about yourself and sometimes about somebody else and sometimes you'll use the word YOU.
Who will listen to you? your friends and your familly or do you have a public?
For the love you bring it doesn't mean a thing unless you sing.
Quote by dr.rock666
why are u writing a guide on how to write songs when u cant even speak english correctly

Because there's no positive correlation between writing a good song and having english as a first language...

or is there?
How weird, you say positive correlation and I immiedietely go Sxy/root SxxSyy.

I should take a break from maths.
Quote by ZanasCross
and "u" aren't doing much better. It's not that hard to type the 'yo' part.
Yo Zach, I agree with u. That wasn't difficult at all.

CandyMann, I'm curious to know what your native language is. Most of those word beginnings and endings are not all that common in English.

Also, you might find it helpful to use Firefox as a web browser and use the built-in spell checker with an English dictionary. That way it will put a line under any word it doesn't recognize. This will assist you in identifying possible spelling errors.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Yo Zach, I agree with u. That wasn't difficult at all.

CandyMann, I'm curious to know what your native language is. Most of those word beginnings and endings are not all that common in English.

Also, you might find it helpful to use Firefox as a web browser and use the built-in spell checker with an English-American dictionary. That way it will put a line under any word it doesn't recognize. This will assist you in identifying possible spelling errors.

You have no idea how annoying it is when "recognise" is told to be spelt with a z.

I am also interested in TS mother tongue. It was odd mixing an English-speaking post and contriibution and then using a foreign example.

I'm crying of laughter. Jamie is a math-dork and SYK... why are you so damn nice? You remind me of this fat kid that used to hang around near my old house and help the mums carry their shopping in from Tesco's. It makes me want to stamp on your foot and see if you lose your temper.

^
Visit my posts in the Pit, Alex. I wear a different costume there.

We'll see who's foot gets stomped.

Quote by Jammydude44
You have no idea how annoying it is when "recognise" is told to be spelt with a z.

I am also interested in TS mother tongue. It was odd mixing an English-speaking post and contriibution and then using a foreign example.
There might be a UK version of the dictionary. Or a learn function.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say a Scandinavian country?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at May 25, 2008,

Remarkable, you're a remarkable man.
Last edited by skagitup at May 26, 2008,
that's what I said and my English is o.k. No problem with that and I'm not up to hear these bull****s. I speak also Dutch (perfectly) and a little bit German. I can also read and write I Persian. I can also write in Dutch or Persian.
I wrote a song, which is called 'mySong'

In this world of hate and regret, there is nothing left you can rate.
I had a dream of being happy, but for all of it we always must pay.

I was alone I was down, everything I needed I've already found.
You can imagine you are at sea, but you don't seem to be drowned.

This heart of mine is hurting me for so long
what if I tell you send out your tongue?
Don't worry pal çause these stories are so wrong.

I've got my scadule I've got my soul
see you in heaven problems will be solved.

Did I write? alright, I'll write.
And yes I think I am remarkable , U2? so, me too.

Keep on writing and don't critisize small things that aren't worthy for critisizing.
For the love you bring it doesn't mean a thing unless you sing.
Last edited by CandyMann at May 26, 2008,
Dudes, wtf is a "tong"? Is it slang or a mistake?

*Edit*
There's a huge section on songwriting techniques in this forum and I believe the main lessons section.

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
Last edited by foo_diddles at May 26, 2008,
TS, we weren't mocking, we were interested. We were pointing out the contrasts provided in your first post. The rhyme sounds you used are not of English origin, and we were merely pointing out the irnoy there, and were interested in where you hailed from.

Also, this place isn't really to post your own lessons. If you think you can contribute, head to the UG Contribution forum and see what people think of any article you wish to post. If you feel you have any tips/advice that could go in our own tips thread, feel free to Pm one of our own lovely mods to see if your pieces are right for that.

I'm reporting this for a mods decision on whether it stays open or not; I generally didn't think the sub-forum was for threads like this.
I'm going to close this because nothing constructive is really happening and to be honest there isn't a ton of helpful information in the original post that couldn't be found in the tips thread.

It was a nice idea though, TS. Try it again when you get a bit more solid grasp on English and it will fly much better.