By which I mean of a sizeable proportion of full songs, all done to the best of your abilities and perfectly performable with other musicians?

I've just realised that mine is really very low, over 5 years of playing it's not something i've been asked to focus on, rather my learning process with tutors etc has been more picking and choosing from certain songs etc for a key point to focus on etc; but this is just for curiosities sake
a lot more since i started a band, otherwise i was the same way. Even a lot of songs i knew, I dont remember, so i couldnt bring them out on the spot.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
i have a pretty good repetoire, though i've forgotten alot i remember just about everything i've ever learned to some degree (ie i can play most of the song, i don't remember the arrangements exactly etc) probably around 500 songs. mostly metal/rock type stuff.
Being 14 with not even two years under my belt, I don't have a lot. A handful, really. I get setlists before shows of songs people would like to hear, which helps dramatically (And also gets me free stuff).
I think any repertoire is naturally low. Unless you're working all the time on keeping pieces up to performance standard then they naturally fall out of memory. I can play Chopin on the piano, but i'd need about 6-8 weeks of work on it now before i'd consider performing it. I can remember bits of Clapton solos, but i'd be making 80% of it up if you asked me to gig it tonight.

You have to work towards a performance, it's quite natural to let things slip afterwards.
I usually just listen to a song and learn it by ear in under a few minutes. I'm too lazy to actually learn a bunch of songs and practice them. If someone asks me if i can play a certain song, I'll say "depends if you have a recording of it". it's unbelievably handy to learn songs by ear
Quote by strat335
I usually just listen to a song and learn it by ear in under a few minutes. I'm too lazy to actually learn a bunch of songs and practice them. If someone asks me if i can play a certain song, I'll say "depends if you have a recording of it". it's unbelievably handy to learn songs by ear
Same here. I just hardly ever get around to really learning songs, especially lyrics.
My repitore includes...

Blitzkrieg
Master of Puppets
Over the Wall
The toxic Waltz
The Trooper
Fast as a Shark
Minor Threat
Oi Oi Oi

I'm still working on the trooper, I have a transitional issue from the main riffs to the melody...
But those are specific things I've been working on lately, I've probably learned around 200ish songs that I could play at one point or another, but now just now a few of the riffs...

The order is the main problem I have with learning songs... :/
^ Yeah me too, I have about three original songs in my repertoire, as well as two or three covers, however I tend to play/practice my own songs over other peoples' songs, or I try to change up the covered songs like make it a folk melody or something when it's a rock song (if it suits it).
I don't know many.

Them Bones & Man in the Box, by Alice in Chains.
Seek and Destroy by Metallica.

I think that's it? :/