So my friend and I are probably going to play at our school for some stupid thing at the end of the year.(guitar and vocals) But we are having troubles deciding what song to play since our songs aren't fully finished. We want to play one of the following. Crazy Train : Ozzy Osbourne, Mr.Crowley : Ozzy Osbourne or Holy Diver : Dio

I want to know if u think these are good or if we should play a different song.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
I would do No More Tears by Ozzy. Its a pretty easy song, and then you can blow ppl away with the solo. Just make sure to get a slide tho.
dont play the last 2....crazy train wouldnt be bad but keep looking for other ideas....maybe black sabbaths paranoid?
well
out of those 3?
crazy train
everyone knows the beginning to it.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
So you just have guitar and vocals and you want to play something by Ozzy/Dio? Or am I reading wrong?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
No. we're just really sad and pathetic.
ps: im the guitarist

sorry, that's a lie. we kick ass
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
dont play the last 2....crazy train wouldnt be bad but keep looking for other ideas....maybe black sabbaths paranoid?

too short. we're trying to waste time.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
What exactly is a Holy Diver? Some lesbian nun?

Am I the only one who thought of that post when I read TS' post?

Quote by black-sabbath
No. we're just really sad and pathetic.
ps: im the guitarist

sorry, that's a lie. we kick ass

OKay, so if I read right it's just gonna be you and TS, with HOPEFULLY a backing track playing one of those songs? Or am I an idiot?
Quote by LPDave

Quote by Toastbot

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
OKay, so if I read right it's just gonna be you and TS, with HOPEFULLY a backing track playing one of those songs? Or am I an idiot?

I have a loop station so i can do stuff.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by black-sabbath
I have a loop station so i can do stuff.

Oh I get you now. I'd go for Crazy Train then. People would recognize it most.
Quote by LPDave

Quote by Toastbot

Quote by The Leader
Quote by black-sabbath
too short. we're trying to waste time.

Then do something longer like War Pigs, or Into the Void.

Y'know, speaking as the singer in a Sabbath tribute band, the best reaction we tend to get is either when we get everyone to clap and sing along to War Pigs (which you really need an audience full of Sabbath fans to do succesfully) or when the beginning of Children of the Grave kicks in, absolutely no one can stay still while that's playing
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Then do something longer like War Pigs, or Into the Void.

Y'know, speaking as the singer in a Sabbath tribute band, the best reaction we tend to get is either when we get everyone to clap and sing along to War Pigs (which you really need an audience full of Sabbath fans to do succesfully) or when the beginning of Children of the Grave kicks in, absolutely no one can stay still while that's playing

We'd be at school, where roughly 5-10 people would know and Sabbath songs
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by black-sabbath
We'd be at school, where roughly 5-10 people would know and Sabbath songs

Do a blues version of Crazy Train then and slow it right down and put loads of extended solos on it, hey, if Pat Boone can record a swing version of it, then you guys can do a blues version.
Crazy Train or Holy Diver, Holy Diver is getting pretty popular lately, quite a few kids at college have been listening to it.

The thing is it's hard to play much old school metal and get a good response from a high-school crowd.

If you want to promote your band you really have to do crowd pleasers, which can be fun, or really, really boring. It's all in how you project it.

You can do the stereotypical You Shook Me All Night Long or Back in Black cover that just about every band at school shows seems to play; you can't really go wrong with them.

Honestly, though, work some less thought of but still popular songs, Thunderstruck works awesomely well, get the audience in on the intro and what not.

You could do the song Girls, Girls, Girls! and dress up in girl's clothes.

You could do some more mainstream Van Halen, something like Jump (if you can find a keyboardist), You Really Got Me Now, or Dance the Night Away.

Jimmy Buffett gets a surprisingly good response at many places, Brown Eyed Girl or Margaritaville work pretty well.

You could play some Jet, almost everyone knows them, and they are easy to play as well as sing along with.

Heck, you could do I Believe in a Thing Called Love.

Rock You Like a Hurricane (have some friends play Guitar Hero controllers in the background, cheesy, but funny).

The point is, there's lots of choices. Don't do what so many bands in my town do, and play something that you really like, not at a school assembly. All of those bands tank pretty quickly after that, because nobody wants to see them play their own stuff. We had a metal band, pretty heavy, but when they played school events they played crowd pleasers, they did Thunderstruck, they did Ballroom Blitz, they even played Freebird as a joke, then they'd slip in a really funny song, like the Power Rangers or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme, usually to break the ice, then they'd finish with something they did like, but still kinda universal, usually a Metallica song off the Black Album.

Play what everyone will want to hear, not what you want to hear.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
I would recommend Crazy Train out of those options because it's so well known.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.