Hello people! I am looking for a electroacoustic guitar for me, and i have some doubts.

Guitar no1.:
Yamaha APX500
Specs: Yamaha APX500 specs
Price: I can get it for about 580$ or 370 euro.

Guitar no2:
Yamaha F310 (Sold in the US as F325; has the same specs)
Specs: Yamaha F310 specs
Price: I can get it for about 410$ or 260 euro.

Now, i'd like to know, is the APX500 worth the 170$ difference, or is it maybe better to buy the F310. Both guitars are brand new. Please help. Thanks!
You know....all I can say...is....get ready.....drums please....Yamaha APX500... AWESOME!
Last edited by fotoman at May 25, 2008,
Yamaha F310 for $410!! Dude, you're getting ripped off BIG TIME! Isn't like the Yamaha F310 beginner package for $150? Oh, I also found that the APX500 goes for $300? Where do you live dude?
I'm form Croatia. Well that's the prices, not much i can do about it. So is it better to buy APX500 since F310 is such a ripoff?
In terms of durability, good sound, and a reasonable price, I prefer the FG series from Yamaha.

If you want the same value as above, but want more "bling" ....go with the EJ Epiphone series...

Of course...I'm partial...
"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now"

Epiphone EJ200
Epiphone AJ500ME
Epiphone Hummingbird
Washburn J28SDL
Guild GAD25NAT
personally, I'd say neither. neither have solid tops. I dont mind the F310, but theres better out there. I'm not fond at all of the APX at all. I just don't like how they sound. Also the electronics in them won't be great.
Have a look at the Alvarez AD60SC and the Takamine EG340SC (I think thats the one anyway, i forget model numbers) if you can. They are both much better options.
Quote by Soupy1957
In terms of durability, good sound, and a reasonable price, I prefer the FG series from Yamaha.

If you want the same value as above, but want more "bling" ....go with the EJ Epiphone series...

Of course...I'm partial...

The thing is that i get to choose between theese two... :/
Last time I was up to my local seller to look at his inventory (again, just yesterday), I took a half-dozen of my personal choices into the back room, (closed, private, sound proof) and ran through a couple of licks with each; trying to hear the range of the instrument, the faults, the harmonics, and then narrowed down the field.

"Price" is an object for some, but not for me. I could buy the dang store and all its inventory if I wanted, but I still like to keep to the basics when buying something as personal as a guitar.

When price "is" and obsacle, that's when I'd stay with some of the more dependable and durable models that have been tried and true through the years.

You'll get lots of loyal fans of a wide variety of guitars out there, but the knock offs like the Epi's and such, are fine. I could create a massive list to please everyone's taste in here, but I tried to give out the two that have had the most stable reputation over all, for the lower-end product that still plays with some ease, and gives a bellow when strummed.

In the end, it's what sounds and feels good to your playing style and your feel. Grab a bunch, and sit and play.....If the local seller you go to doesn't like it, go somewhere else. Any good seller will give you all the time and privacy you want, because he understands the subjective nature of buying a guitar.

-Soupy1957
"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now"

Epiphone EJ200
Epiphone AJ500ME
Epiphone Hummingbird
Washburn J28SDL
Guild GAD25NAT