Well, in the case of choosing a guitar. I'm at a fault. I want to play a wide variety of music. Like, Guns and Roses, to Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson, to Green Day (sue me), to Eric Clapton, to pretty much everything except very hard rock. I want to spend about $500 on the guitar and for the amp, I'm pretty set on a Vox AD30VT or a Blackheart Little Giant or halfstack. Does anyone have any suggestions on the guitar?
So pretty much that narrows it down to a 250 dollar guitar, and thats not going to get you much. A strat might work, but an epiphone is probably right for you.
an SG might be good. I don't see the point of getting a strat if it's gonna have humbuckers and a les paul won't give u much of a bright tone for some of that stuff.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
an SG might be good. I don't see the point of getting a strat if it's gonna have humbuckers and a les paul won't give u much of a bright tone for some of that stuff.

He meant an HSS strat, which would be very versatile.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Telestar
So pretty much that narrows it down to a 250 dollar guitar, and thats not going to get you much. A strat might work, but an epiphone is probably right for you.

I didn't mean $500 for the guitar and amp, I meant for the guitar only.
Quote by chuckflan333
He meant an HSS strat, which would be very versatile.

Sorry my bad. That sounds good, though i'd still go with the SG since it's made out of mahogany and has a lower tone.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.