So, I just got back from a 2 week vacation in Florida, with no guitar. And I got back, and now I'm horrible. I was pretty good (at least I think so), but now I can't play barely any of the songs I knew. So, to the point, did this happen to anyone else after a long while not playing guitar, or are my fingers just being dumb?
i have a one week ttip comming up and it will be hard without a guitar, but anyways yes, you won't be as good after 2 weeks. you'll have to loosen your hands up and play for awhile until you get to where you were.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Take your time, do some stretches (See Rock Discipline by Petrucci for suggestions) and warm-up thoroughly. Your speed will return eventually, but not by forcing it.
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
i got grounded for 5 weeks one time (don't ask), and it took me about 4-5 days to get back to normal, but you'll get it, it'll just click in a few days at the most. just don't worry about it.
O O

___
I lost about a quarter of my speed while working pretty much everyday for 2 months straight to save up for my marshall stack, it doesn't take long to bring it back up
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!