Page 1 of 3
Quote by Wikipedia
Soundtrack

Four bands have been confirmed for the game: Van Halen, The Eagles, Linkin Park, and Sublime; the Game Informer preview also suggests that Dream Theater may be included. Neversoft claims that there will be more songs on disk than any other Guitar Hero game, and that all songs included in Guitar Hero World Tour will be master recordings.[2][3] Project director Brian Blight claims that they have "a pretty even split between the '80s, '90s, and classic rock" with a "good amount of emerging bands".[3] The game is expected to have a much larger support for downloadable content than Guitar Hero III.

While it has not been confirmed by Activision, The Answer mentioned in a press release that their 2005 single Never Too Late would be included in Guitar Hero World Tour after they won a contest at 2008's Marché international de l’édition musicale conference.[13]

A press release from Fearless Records announced that the song "One Armed Scissor" from At The Drive-in's 2000 release Relationship of Command will be included in Guitar Hero World Tour.[14]

Lenny Kravitz's "Are You Gonna Go My Way" was featured in the world premiere trailer.[15]

Blink 182's "Dammit" was featured in a video showcasing the game's drum set featuring Blink 182 and +44 drummer Travis Barker doing motion capture for the game. The video also featured Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith along with The Police drummer Stewart Copeland commenting on the performance of the prototype drum set.[6]

Ok, I know Guitar Hero is hated by a lot of people on UG, but this gives me a lot of hope oddly enough. I think that since Guitar Hero has come out, it has introduced a lot of people into guitar and good music. I also think that if Dream Theater was included it would be epic win. Thoughts?
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Last edited by Dilweed at May 25, 2008,
it will only be epic win if the dream theatre song included is octavarium.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I don't mind Guitar Hero, and I don't care fo DT, but I'd like to see some fucking Zeppelin.
Quote by mikko_9119
yay!!

**** your display picture thing bugs me.

Sounds coool.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
actually I started playing guitar because of Guitar Hero.

anyway, DT would be awesome in the game. Epic win on all instruments.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
They should get a Chili Peppers song on there and get Mr. Froosh to do motion capture be one of the bosses.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
it will only be epic win if the dream theatre song included is octavarium.

God, a 20+ minute song like Octavarium would just be hell to think about... And to Flying Couch, Zeppelin will never give Guitar Hero the rights to their songs...
We can keep dreaming though...
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
Quote by FireandFlames
ATDI

I don't care much for anything else in that article though...

+1

That automatically makes the game worth at least a rental.
Since they're including all instruments in GH:WT, I think that Insrumedley would be far more appropriate. No fun for the vocalists, but who cares?
Quote by Dilweed
God, a 20+ minute song like Octavarium would just be hell to think about... And to Flying Couch, Zeppelin will never give Guitar Hero the rights to their songs...
We can keep dreaming though...

at least it'd shut up the Dragonforce fanboys.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
If the Dream Theater song is Honor Thy Father i will be a very happy camper.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Hopefully, it will end the Dragonforce fans when Octavarium (or The Glass Prison) comes on and they realize that you can shred AND sound good...
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by Lemoninfluence

+6541271564789471364213256744745275671987415675914657456516764167465415676541657648916745156734514754657651465464495763974569872364508260436502876345897628056026345780637456736450628347650827643058276304586203576207346508723465
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
Sounds like this game might be the reason I buy an XBOX 360. What I want to know though is how much the game's going to cost with all the drums and stuff with it.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Needs more thrash, death and black metal. Like seriously.
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Quote by kyle100
Sounds like this game might be the reason I buy an XBOX 360. What I want to know though is how much the game's going to cost with all the drums and stuff with it.

Well, Rock Band was $160. And to Baboom, you have to realize that they have to appeal to people outside of metal... I'm sure they'll have a decent amount of metal seeing that they did in the last one (One and Raining Blood and a few bonus tracks).
Quote by FireandFlames
Screw Guitar Hero, they're trying to steal Rock Band's thunder by doing the whole "NOW YOU CAN PLAY DRUMS TOO!" gimmick.

Also, Rock Band has exclusive rights to Metallica's new single.

Guitar Hero can suck my dong.

Rock Band 2 is out later this year anyway, so I think we can safely say we're nearing the end of the road for the Guitar Hero series.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Last edited by AvengedThrice at May 25, 2008,
I've boycotted the series, but if they actually put Dream Theater songs on GH4, I'm buying it.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by AvengedThrice
Screw Guitar Hero, they're trying to steal Rock Band's thunder by doing the whole "NOW YOU CAN PLAY DRUMS TOO!" gimmick.

Also, Rock Bands has exclusive rights to Metallica's new single.

Guitar Hero can suck my dong.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?! CAN'T YOU SEE THEY PUT IN DREAM THEATER AND AT THE DRIVE-IN?!?!?
Anyways, I have Rock Band and I never bought a Guitar Hero. If Rock Band took the idea that you could play guitar or any instrument for the matter, what's wrong with Guitar Hero taking drums? Anyways, I don't really care for Metallica's new music either.

EDIT:
Quote by tehbensonzorz
except, Rock Band is gay. virtual drums are gay, period.

I do have to say that in defense of Rock Band, the Rock Band drums can actually help you with timing on real drums. Guitar Hero, can't so much help you on guitar...
Quote by FireandFlames
Dream Theater would be a good addition to some of the crappy songs on GH.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
RHCP!!!!!!!
Van Halen!!!!!!!!!!

If they put in Incubus/Tool/APC/Smashing Pumpkins/Nirvana/Soundgarden I'll be really happy
Quote by Dilweed
If Rock Band took the idea that you could play guitar or any instrument for the matter, what's wrong with Guitar Hero taking drums?

Because the game is called Guitar Hero.

It's pretty obvious that Guitar Hero is trying to steal Rock Band's thunder with the multi-instrument thing.

Also, it doesn't matter if Dream Theater and ATDI are on GHIV.

You will probably be able to download them for Rock Band soon anyway.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by Gregray88
If the Dream Theater song is Honor Thy Father i will be a very happy camper.

NO.
Under a glass moon, or octavarium. Now THAT would be epic. :3
Quote by Dilweed
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?! CAN'T YOU SEE THEY PUT IN DREAM THEATER AND AT THE DRIVE-IN?!?!?
Anyways, I have Rock Band and I never bought a Guitar Hero. If Rock Band took the idea that you could play guitar or any instrument for the matter, what's wrong with Guitar Hero taking drums? Anyways, I don't really care for Metallica's new music either.

EDIT:

I do have to say that in defense of Rock Band, the Rock Band drums can actually help you with timing on real drums. Guitar Hero, can't so much help you on guitar...

...it can help you with timing also. If you are absolute crap at timing your strums, guitar hero can help.
Quote by AvengedThrice
Because the game is called Guitar Hero.

It's pretty obvious that Guitar Hero is trying to steal Rock Band's thunder with the multi-instrument thing.

Also, it doesn't matter if Dream Theater and ATDI are on GHIV.

You will probably be able to download them for Rock Band soon anyway.

there are quite a lot of bass players who'll argue that an electric bass isn't a guitar. should that be on guitar hero then?

Drums, guitar and bass are also used in other types of music so therefore they shouldn't call it rock band

Quote by element4433
Quote by lordofthefood1
...it can help you with timing also. If you are absolute crap at timing your strums, guitar hero can help.

It provides a VERY limited amount of help though.

Guitar Hero is nothing like real guitar, whereas the drums in Rock Band are somewhat similar to real drums.

Quote by Lemoninfluence
there are quite a lot of bass players who'll argue that an electric bass isn't a guitar. should that be on guitar hero then?

Drums, guitar and bass are also used in other types of music so therefore they shouldn't call it rock band

1. A bass is a guitar.
2. Because the game focuses on the rock genre and the point of the game is to play in a rock-orientated band.

Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Quote by floppypick
**** your display picture thing bugs me.

Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by lordofthefood1

Eh... I doubt anyone is THAT bad at strumming...

Quote by guitarhero_764
RHCP!!!!!!!
Van Halen!!!!!!!!!!

If they put in Incubus/Tool/APC/Smashing Pumpkins/Nirvana/Soundgarden I'll be really happy

Tool would be win because like Dream Theater, they would be perfect to put into a Rock Band type video game because the whole band is as talented as the next member.
Quote by FireandFlames
Quote by AvengedThrice
It provides a VERY limited amount of help though.

Guitar Hero is nothing like real guitar, whereas the drums in Rock Band are somewhat similar to real drums.

Somewhat is key.

=\=
Page 1 of 3