SO heres the story ,

I have a squier P-bass and I am ready to do some work so I was wondering

1) Will a Fender P-bass neck fit my guitar

And

2) Could I install a set of Dimarzio p-bass pick ups in it

Please dont recomend buying a new bass, I want to do this.

Thanks guys

all advice welcome.
yes and yes.
but you should buy new bass.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
1 the difference between the squier and the fender neck are the quality. you shoud have no problems installing the new neck. maybe some filing will do a good job.

2 yes

don't flame me if i'm wrong
^ur not wrong, and from what ive heard, the fender neck is a MAJOR improvment in quility from the squire
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Alright thanks guys, I have been looking and I found some necks on ebay for a good price, I will buy the pick ups at guitar center or one of the other music stores in my area.

My next question is how hard is it to change out the pick ups?

I have never done this so any tips or help would be nice.

Thanks guys.
changing pickups isn't hard if you can do a bit of soldering how ever id recommend changing all the electronics just for better quality
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by the humanity
yes and yes.
but you should buy new bass.

Actually mate provided the body is made out of something decent he'll probably have a pretty decent bass at the end of this.

Also try 3 hugs a day. It makes you live longer.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
3 hugs a day? Wow never thought of that. lol.

Anyways I have also looked at changing the bridge. Any recomendations? Best quality for a lowest price always helps.

Thanks a lot guys and more advice is always welcome

See ya.

*Edit* Oh yeah I am also looking to paint it a new color what should I use?
Last edited by 2+2=22 at May 26, 2008,
the best bridge to buy is the leo quan badass II. it smokes all other bridges out there
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by eddiehimself
Actually mate provided the body is made out of something decent he'll probably have a pretty decent bass at the end of this.

Also try 3 hugs a day. It makes you live longer.

I actually like hugs, I just thought it was kinda funny.
also, for all the time, effort and money, he could upgrade for less.

try this for paint- all black, then router out a happy face in the wood, then glue something shiny and yellow in the holes. that'd be sweet. Don't forget to clear finish at the end!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Last edited by the humanity at May 26, 2008,
Quote by skater dan0
the best bridge to buy is the leo quan badass II. it smokes all other bridges out there

It is a nice bridge, some people don't like them because they add more treble.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by Daggoth
the difference between the squier and the fender neck are the quality.

Well, Fender's and Squier's Strats are both made of maple, has the same shape and finish and they've both got rosewood fingerboards.
Alright thanks guys.

And the reason I am doing this is

1) I want a project

2) I dont have the money to drop on a new bass

3) I dont need a third bass laying around

4) I am buying these parts over summer.

Thanks guys. Now you said that the badass II bridge adds treble, how noticeable is it? If it is too much I think I will look else where.

Thanks guys and more advice is welcome.
I also concur that you should just replace all the electronics and shield your bass while it's apart. If you can solder then it's no problem. A couple quality pots shouldn't cost you much and the improvement would be worthwhile.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by 2+2=22
Thanks guys. Now you said that the badass II bridge adds treble, how noticeable is it? If it is too much I think I will look else where.
Some people say it is really noticeable. I guess it depends your ears. An alternative for the badass II is the Gotoh 201. Another issue with both the badass and gotoh is the action. They both can't get the strings as low as the fender bridge.
If your going to get a badass, stalk talkbass forums in the classified section for a used badass II. The cheapest you can get them is $45 for the unslotted bridges.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass