can i buy this plug it into a cab and play it?
it says it has no modules but the pics on the site have a (module) and i was wondering if i have to buy a module before i can play the amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-MTS-Series-RM20-20W-Guitar-Amp-Head-without-Modules?sku=481125

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Yes you'd need to buy a module.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by jessejames1414
what's a module :x

a module for a randall amp is like a switchable preamp circuit. you can change them to shape your sound as much as getting a new amp. that is why randall amps are imo the most versatile amps around

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
+1^
I own the 50 watt combo.
Trust me that's a great amp right there. Id get the two channel so i can go from clean to distortion but its still a good amp.

Edit: I'd suggest you get a clean channel then go get a pedal its your best bet if your gonna get that amp.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at May 25, 2008,
kylendm!!! i didn't think there was anyone else on UG w/ the same amp model as mine!!! power to ya!! what modules do you own? i have the 'Recto' and 'clean' modules, the 'clean' is good, not the best one out there for cleans, but it sounds good nontheless. the recto module is EXTREMELY versatile, i can dial in so many different tones w/ just adjusting the gain.

i love that amp, sadly it's not working atm and i need to get it sent off to get fixed...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
YO! i commented your profile earlier about this lol, weird. but yeah i have the "brown" and "clean" modules. I know what your talking about with the clean and that there is better but its good for what it does. You have the recto??? i was looking in to that is it as really as versatile as everyone's saying. I love mine and hope you get yours fixed
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
a module for a randall amp is like a switchable preamp circuit. you can change them to shape your sound as much as getting a new amp. that is why randall amps are imo the most versatile amps around

Is it necessary for an amp? Because I was looking at this one
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-Valve-Dynamic-G3-Series-RH150G3-150W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481141

and it would help to know what I need.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Yeah that head 'angus is god' doesn't need modules its only the MTS series amps. You should be fine with that head. =D
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
i would definantly get 1 that uses modules Angusisgod because they are more versatile imo

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
The G3 and MTS are completly different amps. The G3 is pretty much SS except for the 1 tube to drive the mosfets. The MTS is all tube and why a 20 watt with no preamp is more than a 150 watt G3. Ive never tried a SS randall but did like the MTS I tried at a store.
Quote by Tackleberry
The G3 and MTS are completly different amps. The G3 is pretty much SS except for the 1 tube to drive the mosfets. The MTS is all tube and why a 20 watt with no preamp is more than a 150 watt G3. Ive never tried a SS randall but did like the MTS I tried at a store.

well in my opinion the ss V3 has a far dryer(for lack of a better term) sounding. it is 150 watts ss but i think it has the worst sound of any of the randall amps ive ever played. it still has a nice sound but i think you could get a nicer amp for the money

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Last edited by mohawkkidJohn at May 30, 2008,