Im puttin a soundsystem in my truck this summer and I was wonderin if anyone could give me some good places to look, I want 2 subs, they have to be either 8" or 10" cause thats all i have room for, and i need a amp also, so if you can give me some good companies to look at i would appericate it.

Please remember Im only making 7ish dollars an hour so I dont have a lot of money to spend on it, and I also have to start payin insurance this summer too. Thanks guys!
IMO if you don't have a decent amount of cash to put in then it will sound like crap. You will get what you pay for.
JL Audio is a good company, I use a JL amp and subs.
another thing you should look into is speakers. They will basically make or break your sound system. Stock ones a usually garbage, depending on how new your truck is.
So I guess what I'm saying is save your money and buy quality stuff, it will be worth it in the end
EDIT: oh and P.S...
sucks to be you, minimum wage here is $8.50, and it's going up again.
not to say I only make minimum wage, I'm well above it
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Last edited by cerveza at May 25, 2008,
Quote by cerveza
IMO if you don't have a decent amount of cash to put in then it will sound like crap. You will get what you pay for.
JL Audio is a good company, I use a JL amp and subs.
another thing you should look into is speakers. They will basically make or break your sound system. Stock ones a usually garbage, depending on how new your truck is.
So I guess what I'm saying is save your money and buy quality stuff, it will be worth it in the end
EDIT: oh and P.S...
sucks to be you, minimum wage here is $8.50, and it's going up again.
not to say I only make minimum wage, I'm well above it

well I no a guy that put 500 in his sound system in the same kinda truck I got (1999 Ford Ranger) 2 8" JLs an amp wiring an box, but that seems kinda cheap so idk if it got them used or what
I just ordered some Polk subwoofers today. Look into them, they sound the best by far out of all that I heard. Kenwood coming in second.

I ordered 2x12s.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
You just need to learn a bit about electronics. I have a 20 yr old Menace amp running 200 watts peak and a 100 watt piece of **** 12 inch. With a soldering iron and a little knowledge, the damn thing can be heard from a few blocks away.....just a thought...
Quote by kylerioux
You just need to learn a bit about electronics. I have a 20 yr old Menace amp running 200 watts peak and a 100 watt piece of **** 12 inch. With a soldering iron and a little knowledge, the damn thing can be heard from a few blocks away.....just a thought...

I took an electronics coarse last semester because its was required and i passed with like a 94