whats your opinon on em?

no one talks about them much on here so i was wondering.

i have a vintage 33 tube (don't make em anymore)

anyone else?
I used to own a X-100B half stack back in 85 to around 93 or so. I was never that happy with it. It was OK, not great IMO. I'm pretty suprised by all the glowing reviews and 10 ratings on it on HC. I'd give it more like a 5 or 6. Still, I kind of wish now that I had kept the head just to have it today. The clean channel was pretty amazing because it was super loud and would not distort. You'd go deaf before it would break up. The dirty channel was not that great. Not nearly as loud and it seemed weak for 100 watts. Also wasn't crazy about the active eq. Of course I was younger and dumber then and I'd probably be able to get some nice sounds out of it today, but I'm not planning on picking up a used one ever.
i have a carvin sx-200 and i love mine, it gives me the power and the sound that i love.
Quote by mrwaffles
I sh*t every 7 minutes. I stand on my roof and let it fly into the neighbor's yard. I never wipe.
im currently loving my MTS 3212 combo. it just works perfectly for me.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Ive heard great things about the v3. Havent got to try it yet :\ though videoes and clips seem decent.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
I'm gonna get a Carvin Legacy head soon. Hopefully it'll be great.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I have a Carvin SX100 that has died on me twice, as much as i LOVED the sound of the clean and distortion, and the reverb, delay and chorus, i am not sending it in a 3rd time because it will most likely die again. I use it as a cab for my Laney head . Really big sounding speaker.

I also have the Carvin MTS412 quad which i use for my Randall RH200G2 at the moment. Awesome sound and very tight and aggressive (sp?).

And last but not least, my friend bought his brand new, still in the box MTS. It is a really nice amp, great distortion and clean, but because he lives in an apartment he cant turn it up. So, one day we brang it to my house out into my shed to crank it up and see what it could do.

Well, the head made a really bassy, weirdest sound ever. so he took it back to find all of the power amp tubes had blown. So they give him a new head, and i think it was the circuit breaker blew up in it.

So they don't have very good reliability in my experiences with them, but they do sound awesome when they work, and their cabs are solid as anything and sound great.
Quote by DeadMansCurve
I have a Carvin SX100 that has died on me twice, as much as i LOVED the sound of the clean and distortion, and the reverb, delay and chorus, i am not sending it in a 3rd time because it will most likely die again. I use it as a cab for my Laney head . Really big sounding speaker.

I also have the Carvin MTS412 quad which i use for my Randall RH200G2 at the moment. Awesome sound and very tight and aggressive (sp?).

And last but not least, my friend bought his brand new, still in the box MTS. It is a really nice amp, great distortion and clean, but because he lives in an apartment he cant turn it up. So, one day we brang it to my house out into my shed to crank it up and see what it could do.

Well, the head made a really bassy, weirdest sound ever. so he took it back to find all of the power amp tubes had blown. So they give him a new head, and i think it was the circuit breaker blew up in it.

So they don't have very good reliability in my experiences with them, but they do sound awesome when they work, and their cabs are solid as anything and sound great.

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
i h ave an 85 x-100b w/ 6l6's and its a great amp i love it, its soo versitile its amazing
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
Quote by DeadMansCurve
^AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

..............Its not my fault I can't use correct grammar

YES IT IS!

and not it's not, Blame the public education system.

No worries tho

Just wondering, I have a valveking and want to replace the speaker.

How good of quality are their speaker cones? I was looking at the british voiced one and the classic vocied 70w speakers Both are 30 bucks on their website...
Hagstrom Super Swede Valveking 112 BBE free fuzz Crybaby
What do you make of a society that is so primitive that it clings to the belief that certain words in its language are so powerful that they could corrupt you the moment you hear them? - Zappa